Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentines Day



Just like everything else that has been "a first" our Valentines Day was very special and memorable : ). I really do love and look forward to this so called "commercial holiday." I believe that though it may be commercial, with our lives being so busy and hectic as much as we do tell our loved ones how much we care for them, why not have a day to help us stop and say it again or express ourselves in a new or speical way? I don't know, I just appreciate it for the way that it helps people to take a moment and do what we desire to do every day, and maybe because of the extra push, it gets people going in the right direction for the rest of the year : ).


Also, my mom pointed out that this day was almost one of Bekah's last "firsts!" I mean, I guess St. Patty's Day would be the official last "celebration", after that, it will be her 2nd Easter! Wow!

For Valentines Day, we were fortunate enough to have the Burkharts come and visit us, so it was all about Family Lovin that weekend!
Here are the two loves of my life, getting ready for a yummy steak dinner! Teehee, Bekah makes the funniest faces sometimes!



The Valentines Day Hoopla all started for Bekah when she recieved her FIRST Valentine! It was a week earlier in SA from her good friend Alex, yes a boy! Here she is wondering if she wants to scrapbook it or if she would rather eat it! : )



So then Bekah decided that she too wanted to send out Valentines to some of her buds, here she is "helping" mommy:



She requested that I make homemade red velvet cupcakes for Gramommy, Pops, Aunt Sarah and of course the biggest sweet tooth we know, Daddy. Little does she know that the box of chocolate cooking squares she is holding is quite bitter!


But what's Valentines Day without REAL chocolate? So I let her have some of my Godiva Chocolates, teehee no cheapo chocolate for this girl!


During the visit, Gramommy taught Bekah the greatness of those markers that only write on paper!

But like the chocolates, she would rather eat the marker! One day!

We went to a nice dinner on Sat. night, and Bekah was in a "please no pictures!" mood.
Teehee, I couldn't help but post this not so flattering funny pic of her!

This little restaraunt go-oer was happy for a good 2 hours! Thanks to lots of baby mum mums ( she is showing it to you here) a variety of food, an old cell phone to play with and
daddy's sweet love and care:

While Pops and Gramommy were here, Bekah got lots of outside time. They set up the baby swings in the backyard and went on walks:


Pops even taught Bekah how to "high five:"

It was a nice Valentines Day weekend spending time with the people we love:
I love this picture:
I can't say it enough, this little girl is one well loved girl!

Oh and the next night, Mommy and Daddy got to go out for date night, thanks to Mary Pat's excellent baby sitting skills! It is obvious how much Bekah likes and trusts Mary Pat. What a blessing she has been to us in so many ways : ).
Happy Valentines Day to all the people we love!




































































4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

glad you guys had such a special valentine's day! love, love the pic of bekah going on a walk! what a beauty!

Sarah said...

gosh that girl is so cute! i love the awkward pic from the restaurant. it reminds me of a calvin and hobbes cartoon where calvin's parents are trying to take a nice picture of him and he keeps making faces. i bet zack remembers that one. classic :-)

Roger and Robyn said...

I'm so glad you let that sweet girl have a taste of chocolate! :) What a special first Valentine's Day for you all!

Mary Pat said...

What a sweet Valentine's Day post!! That first one of you and Bekah is so cute!