Bekah's Bunny Birthday Party post, finally!
As every new mommy does after just a few months of their babies birth, we start thinking about our precious one's first birthday! Upon realizing that her birthday was ON Good Friday and also realizing that basically Easter weekend was the only good weekend for daddy to be a part of it due to his big test in April, a Bunny party in SA at my mom's house with family and SA friend( since we would be there anyways for Easter) was determined to be the best option! But then, that meant that she would not get to celebrate with her Houston friends, so in the end, we had TWO birthday parties!
But here is her First, First Birthday Party!
The table with all the food: Since it was in the afternoon we opted for: chicken salad sandwiches, "bunny food" like carrots and celery, cheese and crackers and fruit salad. My mom found these Ballerina Bunnies for the party, aren't they so perfect?
Here are her bunny cakes that I attempted to make for her party! Thanks Mandi for sending me the link that showed you step by step in a video how to make them! I had alot of fun making them, my only thing is, I feel like when it comes to cartoon bunnies, they can either be cute or scary, and I would be lying if I said that they didn't come out a tad bit scary! Oh well, I tried!
Bekah's smash cake is off to the left, I think it came out a little bit cuter .. . .
You know how I take a picture of Bekah each month with her bunny? Well, I took all the pics and put them in that black frame, and of course, displayed "Bekah's Bunny" ( as it says on her dress) for everyone to be able to meet her "in the flesh" or shall I say, "in the fur?" : )
My mom even found pics of Zack and I when we turned one, and oh my gosh, can I tell you how when I saw that picture of Zack, I had to look away at first, it freaked me out so much?? She LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM RIGHT NOW! : ) ( Notice I am wearing that strawberry dress that she wore for her 12 month post!)
It was a gorgeous day and my parents really worked hard to get the backyard looking wonderful for all our guests, thanks mom and dad!
Party Dress on, bow in head, Keds on ( at all times!), smile ready to go and her famous wide legged stance, we are ready to party!
And speaking of everyone, here are a few of the wonderful friends and family that made it out to celebrate Bekah's big day! We so appreciated everyone coming and sharing their busy Easter weekend with us! Thanks for coming y'all!Kath, Allegra and Ryan:
Aunt Sarah had perfect attendance at BOTH of Bekah's parties! And not only that, she was the photographer at both of them! Thanks Sarah for these beautiful pictures! Bekah loves her Aunt Sarah and it is so obvious the bond that they have formed already!
Aunt Pam and Bekah, the birthday girls! It was actually Pam's birthday that day!
Bekah, me and Kath
Aunt Sarah had perfect attendance at BOTH of Bekah's parties! And not only that, she was the photographer at both of them! Thanks Sarah for these beautiful pictures! Bekah loves her Aunt Sarah and it is so obvious the bond that they have formed already!
Aunt Pam and Bekah, the birthday girls! It was actually Pam's birthday that day!
Bekah, me and KathStephanie was in town for the weekend from CA and we felt so special to have her at the party! PS- she just got engaged too! Happy Engagement Stephanie!
Bekah's sweet friend Izzie that is now a big sister to baby Andrew! Congratulations Bass Family!
Everytime I looked up, Bekah was being loved on by her Aunt Robin,
Bekah's sweet friend Izzie that is now a big sister to baby Andrew! Congratulations Bass Family!"See Aunt Robin, my mommy ordered this for me online, tell Mandi and Kolby thanks for the tip!"
Us with the Hollidays, Sara and Madison! Cute little Madison was turning 6 months that day! Lots to celebrate!
Sitting Pretty : )
Sweet Kolby

Stephanie and Eddie ( the fiance's : ) ) and Emily and Scott, it was so fun to have y'all there with us!
Carla was especially sweet to come and run after her busy 2 year old, while pretty much able to go in labor anytime! Cathy and Cooper, thanks for coming too, wish I could have gotten a pic of your pretty faces too!
There were so many other ppl I wish I could have caught on camera, but I guess that is near to impossible! I tried to take this picture from my friend's snapfish pics that she sent me, but I guess it didn't work out very well! Thanks for coming though Lamacchias!

Yeah, another dinky small pic, but it shows me and my girl blowing out her first birthday candle!




Going back for more:
"Yes, I'll have a cup of milk to go with this cake please!"
She diligently worked on this icing for a good, maybe 10 minutes??
All was well, UNTIL, mommy decided to love on ANOTHER BABY, sweet little Kolby! It was then that she decided she had HAD IT and was going to let everyone know! Not only did I upset the birthday girl by holding someone else, I upset Kolby too!
But you know what? I pretty much decided it was worth it when I got a glimpse of this priceless picture that Aunt Sarah got! The tears combined with the icing , adorable!
The recovery once mommy reaffirmed her love!

And what's a bunny party the day before Easter without an Easter Egg hunt? Here I am inviting Izzie to join the others in the backyard for an egg free for all! I hate that I didn't get a pic of the bags, but I picked up these cute cloth bunny "purses" at Michael's for everyone to put their goodies in:
Pretty Mackenzie on the hunt! It was good practice for the following day!
Teagan took the hunt very seriousely : )

Teagan showing off his loot : )
Before we knew it, it was present opening time! Bekah is showing off her new stroller to her daddy, and what a HIT this stroller has been! I recommend a stroller for ALL one year old girls!
Thanks again to all of our friends and family for their thoughtful gifts, cards, emails, phone calls, hugs and more than anything, simply for their love!

Though she is only one, I think Bekah certainly felt all the love that day! And I pray she will always be able to feel the love around her and grow in the peace and joy that it gives her!

Stephanie and Eddie ( the fiance's : ) ) and Emily and Scott, it was so fun to have y'all there with us!

Anyways, on to the cake!
Here she is being sung Happy Birthday to and y'all, she loved it! She swayed back and forth and really couldn't have been cuter listening to us sing to her!


The Meet and Greet with her Bunny Cake:



First Taste:
Going back for more:
"Yes, I'll have a cup of milk to go with this cake please!"
She diligently worked on this icing for a good, maybe 10 minutes??
All was well, UNTIL, mommy decided to love on ANOTHER BABY, sweet little Kolby! It was then that she decided she had HAD IT and was going to let everyone know! Not only did I upset the birthday girl by holding someone else, I upset Kolby too!
But you know what? I pretty much decided it was worth it when I got a glimpse of this priceless picture that Aunt Sarah got! The tears combined with the icing , adorable!
The recovery once mommy reaffirmed her love!
And what's a bunny party the day before Easter without an Easter Egg hunt? Here I am inviting Izzie to join the others in the backyard for an egg free for all! I hate that I didn't get a pic of the bags, but I picked up these cute cloth bunny "purses" at Michael's for everyone to put their goodies in:
Pretty Mackenzie on the hunt! It was good practice for the following day!
Teagan took the hunt very seriousely : )Teagan showing off his loot : )
Before we knew it, it was present opening time! Bekah is showing off her new stroller to her daddy, and what a HIT this stroller has been! I recommend a stroller for ALL one year old girls!
Though she is only one, I think Bekah certainly felt all the love that day! And I pray she will always be able to feel the love around her and grow in the peace and joy that it gives her!



6 comments:
What a fun party with so many cute decorations and bunny ideas! Great job Jenny! Wish we could have been there! :( LOVE the family photo!!! and that last one of the party girl! She is just such a doll!
Great party Jenny! And I love the one with the tears and icing too! It's too sweet :) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
It looks like Bekah had a wonderful and very special first birthday party! Those cakes came out too cute. You did a great job!
You got some great pictures! What a fun day for a special girl!
great party, jenny! you did awesome! love the cake pics- you were so lucky to have have sarah take all the photos!
What a wonderful first birthday party! The decorations are so cute, and there are so many great pictures of the birthday girl!!
Post a Comment