Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July


Our 4th of July started off looking like a gloomy, daddyless weekend since Zack was on call Saturday, Sunday and even Monday! It was inevitable that we would not be seeing him too much and so the idea of heading out of town to spend time with family was a tempting possibility, I was not looking forward to spending the holiday weekend by ourselves. But at the same time, I din't want to leave Zack all by himself in Houston. After talking to sweet friends and praying about what to do, Bekah and I decided to hang back with daddy, in hopes of seeing him more than we thought! ( Meaning we had to hope not too many fireworks/sparkler accidents involving the eye would be occuring!)
And wouldn't you know it, our weekend was full of fun, friends and even a little bit of daddy!


Spending a holiday weekend on my own, and Zack working 3 days straight without the possibility of rest, sure was daunting but once the weekend came,  it became  such a wonderful example to me of how God takes care of us and blesses us in the sweetest ways! So many times it is the hardest things that teach you the most and I feel like I learned alot about leaning on God this weekend and being a stronger resident wife. I sure have alot to learn, but I love that God is right there by my side : ).

Last year, Bekah had her assortment of outfits in red, white and blue, and this year was no different!
I think she looks so pretty in these colors too, with her blue eyes and rosey lips!
Here is USA Outfit #1- Simple white shirt, red ruffle bloomers,  a red bow and blue socks:

It's like she knew that the blue socks did not make the picture and threw that leg up there!

USA Outfit #2- Navy Dress with flag (thanks May May!), red bow ( thanks Emily and Mary Pat!) white shoes:

USA OUtfit #3- Star Bubble from Gramommy : ). And I know, these outfits are nothing new, she wore them like mad in the other post, but I still had to pay them tribute in the 4th of July Post : )  ( I promise I washed them all the time!)

So Friday night before the big call weekend, we had a nice family dinner out.  It also was the first time ever that we didn't have to eventually walk around with her, she was content reading books!





On the actual 4th, we got the best surprise, the Seamans were in town to visit family and they invited us over to hang out! The company as well as the timing couldn' t have been more perfect, Zack was tied up at the hospital all day and Bekah got to see her best good friend Ava! What a blessing it was to me to spend time with these dear friends!
Ava taught Bekah a thing or two about helping out around the house,




And showed off some of her new toys. What a smart and sweet girl she is, helping out her mommy with chores and playing with big kid toys such as this:

And since Ava was the one to introduce Bekah to Praise Baby, it was only fitting that they took a moment to pay tribute to their favorite show by dancing and singing together : )

It's just like Bekah to want to hold on to some sort of lovey while "doing her chores."


Thanks again Mikey, Vaughanie and Ava for having us over, your wonderful company really was an answer to prayer that weekend!



One of the other days, was spent with another family that we love, the Smiths! There was a 4th of July Parade in our neighborhood  that they were able to come to with us! Even Roger made it home from the hospital in time!

As happy as we were that the parade still went on, despite the rain storms every hour on the hour, we couldn't escape the Houston Humidity! Not even my camera! Can you believe this picture??? For awhile there, I wasn't sure if my camera was going to bounce back, but

sure enough it did. Good thing I got a better picture of her decked out stroller a while later! Her stroller is decorated, along with the Smith Boys' Wagon because we were part of the parade, us and all our red, white and blue child carrying vehicles!
While decorating their parade modes of transportation the night before, Zack couldn't help but remind me that Bekah would not be caring too much about the decorations, when I reminded him that our good friend Barret sure would know! Plus, mommy had too much fun going to Michael's and embellishing!


It was really fun to be in the parade,

it had a fire truck leading the way and everything : )


I am so grateful for the wonderful friends we have in the Smiths, thanks again for joining us y'all! Oh and would you believe that after the parade, everyone headed down to the neighbohood pool for a pool party and guess who showed up in his scrubs? Daddy! He got to be with us for a good part of that day, even the party!


We even had a great visit with Uncle Jeff that weekend! Jeff got to play with all things pink,


and experienced first hand what a dress up guru Bekah is, as she just couldn't decide what shoes to wear!
Bekah- "Uncle Jeff, do you think the white ones would look better?"
Uncle Jeff-"Well, we have already tried on 6 pair, why don't we just stick with what you have on!"
Teehee, their faces are so cute in this pic!
Thanks again for being a part of the weekend Jeff and for babysitting Bekah!

We even had time for a playdate at the park with a neighborhood friend. Bekah appreciated how he too decided to wear a USA outfit : ) .

Even though Daddy had to work alot that weekend, we sure did appreciate every moment we spent with him! I am so happy that we hung back to be with him and our friends!

3 comments:

Amy Mc said...

Jenny, this post makes my heart smile. So glad you had a great weekend!

Kristen said...

i am so glad that everything worked out even better than you had imagined and that God came through for you. we loved seeing two of our favorite girls that weekend!!! btw, who left the first comment and what is that supposed to mean??????

Mary Pat said...

What a great 4th of July post!! I'm glad you girls staying in town - you had a jam packed weekend. Great job on decorating the stroller and wagon! Love the conversation between Jeff and Bekah!