Zack's 30th Birthday was a few weeks ago and it wasn't until this past weekend that we got a chance to celebrate it, but it was well worth the wait, because me and my sweet hubby had the best weekend together! The plan was, to take Bekah to my parents house and only drive another TEN minutes to arrive at our destination, the new Hill Country Marriot Resort! Ever since we went there for an Easter brunch a few months ago, Zack has been talking about how cool it would be to play golf on their new TPC golf course. Of course, my radars picked up on his excitement and I did my research to only find out that in order to play the course, you have to stay there or be a member! Oh darn, we had to make a weekend of it! The first weekend that we have spent away from our little darlin, as Zack likes to call her these days!
Here we are, Zack is giddy with excitement as we are about to head out to the course!
Spending 4 uninterrupted hours with my hubby in the beautiful Texas Hill Country was such a blessing!
Zack was super impressed with the course, as well as the golf cart, look it had it's own GPS system! The man would come on and introduce the hole to you, tell you how many yards away it was, and other factoids.
Too bad it didn't have a tracker on the balls! Teehee!
And here are some action shots/scenary shots of 30 Year Old Zack:
Zack and the Texas Hill Country, two great sights as far as I'm concerned!
I ended up taking more pics than reading, the "scenary" was so good!
That's the hotel in the background:
Even though we were only 10 minutes away from my parents house, it seemed like we were in another world out there, it really is a beautiful place that I would recommend to both couples and kids with families!
I really like this "action shot" with the hotel in the background:
And of course, don't let my "wanna be" golf gear fool you, you can probably guess that I did not partake in the golf, I was there strictly to cheer him on and relax with a good book! I had forgotten how much fun golf cart driving could be too!
The rest of the day was spent relaxing by the pool but we didn't have our camera for that. The resort not only has a lazy river and a pool, but an honest to goodness waterpark! You better believe Zack and I stood in line with the other 8 year olds for those water slides! Eventually, we made it over to the "adult pool" drinks in hand : ), to balance things out : ).
Veire from our balcony:
They even had a free wine tasting that day and they give you complementary drinks upon arrival that you get to redeem at the bar downstairs, can you tell we loved this place???
Here is Zack on the porch, starbucks in hand, one happy 30 year old!
That night, we went to a nice dinner at the hotel, but I forgot to take pics. I wish I would have taken pics of Andrew and Baker too, because they met us at the sports bar downstairs after dinner ! It was a great treat to see those two high school buds! Congrats to Baker and Kelly for the arrival of their newest addition, Grayson King!
I must have really been in vacation mode because other than the golfing part, I really didn't remember to take too many pics, oh well!
And as far as Bekah goes, she had a blast with her MayMay and her Grandpa. All she wanted to do was play outside in the grass and in the water hose! We were pretty happy too, it was a great piece of mind, knowing that we were only minutes away from her if we were needed. It was a wonderful way for us to spend our first weekend away from her! Relaxation purposes, sure, we could have used another night in such a beautiful place, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I had butterflies in my stomach the next morning because I knew I would get to see Bekah that day!
Thanks May May and Grandpa for taking care of our little Bumblebee and allowing us to spend some much needed time to gether!
Teehee, can you tell they had a good time???
And happy birthday to my very best friend, the love of my life, Bekah's Daddy!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Dr. Zack! So glad you guys had a good time- you deserved it! And totally jealous of the waterpark experience :)
happy birthday bro! sounds like an awesome weekend - glad ya'll finally got a chance to celebrate!
Happy Birthday Zack!! It looks like yall had a wonderful time. I LOVE the last picture of the two of you. Such a beautiful couple and two of my favorite people!
Glad I can be the one to post after your friend.
Happy Birthday Zack!
What a fun weekend! Great job on planning a wonderful birthday gift!
yeah, whats up with that friend?! I have seen that before! :( Anyway, Happy Birthday Zack!!!!! What an awesome way to celebrate! Looks like a great time! I am so jealous of it all! and Jenny, you look too cute in your golf attire- I thought you were pro! :) Its funny because we forgot our camera on our overnight getaway - sometimes you just need a break from it ALL, right?! love that picture of miss b and her fab grandparents! too cute!!
Looks like everyone had a great weekend! Good for you for getting away! Happy Birthday Zack!
Happy birthday Zack! I'm so happy that you two had a nice, relaxing weekend together. The picture of Bekah is too cute!
Post a Comment