In efforts to keep record of this very special time in our lives, I am sitting down to make a post about my pregnancy! Being pregnant this go round has been so different in so many ways, one, I have been so bad about writing in my journal, taking belly pics and, even knowing how many weeks I am! I realized I only have 3 belly pics, yikes! So, here is one more to add to my sad collection!
28 weeks:
And to make it official on the blog, his name will be:
Benjamin Stephen Burkhart : )
I love it, my family loves it, and best of all, Zack loves it, for he chose it in the end! He said it was the name he always wanted, but was just waiting for confirmation, he never really got that confirmation, and just decided to go for it! BUT, it sure was funny when we told our families because both sides declared that they couldn't help but already call him Benjamin because that was what they felt in their hearts as well! There's some delayed confirmation for daddy! When I heard that, it really sealed the deal for me! : ) I too, must say, that prior to Zack choosing, I was calling him Benjamin too!
Now that I am feeling better and less nauseous, I do understand what other mommies mean when they say that they "forget that they are pregnant" with their 2nd. At the same time though, I am so much more aware of him than I was with Bekah, I am so much more maternal with him, since I already know how to be a mommy, it's like I have assumed my mommy role with him so much sooner and I already feel like he is a member of the family! I love him so much already, I can't imagine what it will feel like when I can actually hold him! He is super active, compared to Bekah, maybe he hears Bekah's voice and is stimulated by it? And sometimes, he moves so much, I think I am going to be sick! : ) Right now he is breached, and when he is jumping around in here, I picture him being a grape stomper, stomping on my stomach, my bladder, you name it! : ) It's a funny thought! : ) So, it's like I forget about him, because I am distracted by Bekah, but at the same time, I don't, because he is our son, Bekah's brother, everyone's grandchild!! Plus, Bekah and I involve him in all our conversations, it's been fun, being pregnant with Bekah around, having a buddy as excited as I am about this, each and every day has been sweet : ). She knows his name, she knows when he is coming, she knows that he will grow up like her, she knows alot! She loves to give him kisses and tries to "get him out mama!" by poking into my belly button! : ) We talk to her alot about being a good big sister and it helps that everyone around us is turning into big sisters and brothers too, she has a great point of reference there. Sometimes I get nervous, naturally so, like when I think about nursing him and entertaining her, and all those sleepless nights, but then, I remind myself that I will have more energy to deal with those things, because I won't be pregnant anymore! Sleepless nights, bring it, I've done it once, I can do it again!! Teehee! I guess I am a little worried that he won't like sleep as much as Bekah, or nursing won't go as well, she set the bar pretty high in those two categories, I am so thankful! : ) And Bekah has gotten much better at entertaining herself, plus, we will start school and will go on M and T this year, which will be a wonderful way to balance things out when it comes to taking care of two kids, not one!!
I think that taking her to most of the appointments has been good for her too, in making this transition. She does really well, if she didn't, I would just bite the bullet and pay for a sitter, but really, I sort of want her there with me! Like I said, I really, truly appreciate her 2 year old way of "supporting" mommy in this special, yet challenging time and just thinking about how she has been my buddy through this makes me want to cry! Yes, she does make it harder, ( ie- not being able to nap or throw up whenever or wherever I want and getting elbowed constantly in my belly that already feels super stretched and tight!), but hard is not always a bad thing, and ultimately she makes it soooooo much more special!
I love you big sister Bekah! Here she is in the waiting room at one of my many OBGYN appts. She is playing with her magnetic dollies, and always appreciates the lollipop that she gets once the Dr. comes in too!
I don't work out like I did with Bekah, finding time to go to the rec center and have someone watch Bekah has been tricky, and don't even suggest waking up early to go, before daddy wakes up! I try that, and try, try, try as I may, I always go back to bed! "Take poor Charlie for a walk or use your jogging stroller," are thoughts that come to mind pretty much every day, and then, I remember my fear of being outside in the heat : ), and that grand idea vanishes suddenly! : ) I did do yoga for awhile, but that means daddy needs to be home in time to relieve me, so that has sort of fizzled out : ).
Oh and he is sooo much lower too! Wow! I can't wear ANY of my maternity pants that I wore up to the end with Bekah because they make me so uncomfortable! Even when I weighed more at the end there with Bekah, I could fit into them! Isn't that crazy? So, thanks to the heat and that little funny fact, I wear skirts galore, that and dresses! It's nice and breezy, but sometimes makes it a bit tricky when I am running after a toddler or need to "participate" in the mommy and me dance class we attend! Don't want to flash anyone!
Zack has been able to make it to a few appt's, which has been wonderful, because his eye clinic is only a few floors below! : ) When we went for that full organ scan, even Gramommy came! All in all, he is looking great, and the Dr is pleased. For that, I can only be grateful. When I start to worry about the "what ifs" I have to pray about it and remind myself that as of now, he is healthy and thinking about the present is the only way to go : ). He is breached, so it sure would be great if he turns himself and stays that way, when he decides to come, I would love to not have a C section, but at the same time, whatever needs to happen to give us our healthy little boy, I am all about : ). My mom had two C sections and so many of my friends have, so in a way I am glad he is breached right now ( Bekah never was, or atleast, we never knew that she was), so that I can start wrapping my mind around that possibilty and what the recovery would be like if we had to go that route : ).
That's about it on the baby front, since last week, the nasea and the exhaustion has increased a bit, not sure why, maybe from all our traveling? But, it is nothing like it was the first 20 weeks! We are figuring out nursery stuff too. Since it will be a baby room/guest room, I want to find a good balance between the two. So far, the double bed fits, his new crib ( bekah is NOT ready to say goodbye to her crib, plus, hers is a grow with me crib/bed and it is a bit too girly for a boy!), an old lazy boy that will double as a rocker and a dresser. We still have to find a dresser and I still have to commit to some kind of red/blue bedding that will go nicely with his baseball theme. I flipped over the flower quilt on the bed, leaving a surprisingly not so unattractive cream quilt on the otherside. I think I'll buy some pillows that match the bedding to sort of tie the two beds in . . . maybe find a throw for the lazy boy/rocker : ), and maybe a rug? Not sure . . . It will all come together somehow!
In addition to Bekah's support, I've also really appreciated everyone's support here in Houston. Being part of a church, a playgroup and having lots of sweet friends here, asking me how Benjamin is, and how I am feeling sure does boost my spirits on days where I am feeling yucky and really distracts me! I didn't really have those things close by when I was pregnant with Bekah during our one year in Austin ( don't know what I would have done without you Cassie!), while I was subbing on and off, and I just find myself being so grateful for what a difference that makes for me in my every day life!
Due date is Oct 1st, which has always felt so far away, I associate Oct with the fall, but it's the first day of October, so it really isn't that far away! One things for sure, the nursery may not be ready, but Daddy, Bekah and Mommy's hearts sure are ready to welcome Baby Benjamin! ( teehee, that is what Bekah calls him whenever people ask her what his name will be!)
4 comments:
You look adorable Jenny!!! I've been thinking and praying for you guys!!! Can't wait to meet that sweet boy soon. :)
Love seeing your cute belly and hearing more about how your pregnancy is going. Bekah is going to be such a sweet big sister! Love you guys!
You are such a good mommy! Do I leave that in all of my comments on your blog? I think so, because you really are! I am glad we will get a chance to catch up tomorrow! XOXO
so great to hear an update!! you look fab miss momma! cant wait to see you and that baby boy belly sooo soon!! yay!!
Post a Comment