Dear Benjamin,
( I always liked the way my friends would "talk" to their kids in their posts, but I didn't start off doing that with Bekah's month posts because it felt most natural to discuss her, rather than talk to her, so I just sort of stuck with the way I had always done things. With Benjamin though, I am feeling the inkling to talk to him : )
Happy 1 Month Birthday! I really can't believe you are already a month old! Time goes by way to fast and I have learned that fact best in the past month, I want time to slow down! Mommy is simply smitten with you sweet boy, I fall in love with you all over again, each time I pick you up, thinking how I don't want you to grow up, but at the same time, being excited about discovering who you will grow up to be!
And because of that desire to capture every fleeting moment ( I have learned just how fleeting they are with Bekah!), I have been looking forward to writing this post ( 2 weeks late though!) due to the fact that I get to reflect back AND document this time in life that I really don't think is boring at all. I know that some people may not think this is the most exciting time in a child's life, but you just facinate me each day, everything you do is amazing to me, really!
(thanks to Emily and Mason for the first month outfit, we love it! but can you believe it, I just had to pack it up, it's too short, already!)
Stats- 10lbs and 22 1/2 inches
(thanks to Emily and Mason for the first month outfit, we love it! but can you believe it, I just had to pack it up, it's too short, already!)
Stats- 10lbs and 22 1/2 inches
You really have turned mommy into a sentimental fool, I am always thinking about how you are only going to be this small for so long, and how precious everything you do is!
Here are a few things I don't want to forget about you right now:
- how big your hands and feet are!
- your kissy face that you make
- how you love to stretch out while laying flat
-your teeth chattering sound, i think its when you are uncertain about something. Bekah did the same thing, but right before she started crying, you are different though and it never amounts to a cry, just a show of concern.
- the way Bekah tries to soothe you with words or phrases she has heard me say
- the way you are always sooothed by just being picked up
- the change I see in you when you hear my voice or daddy's
- your everlasting hicups, they aare so cute!
- the way it feels when you fall asleep in my arms
- the way you stretch and arch your arms up after you are full
- the way you stretch and arch your arms up after you are full
You sleep in your crib from about 11ish, to 7ish with about 2 night time feedings. Once you hit 1 month though, you have been sleeping longer and I hope it is okay! I tell myself that it is since you are such a big boy, and so if I don't sleep through my alarm : ), for the first leg, you go about 5 hours between feedings. I am going to wait for your 2 month appt for the Dr to tell me I can just let you sleep on through. Daytime sleep consists mostly of naps in my arms, on my shoulder, in my sling, in the carseat, in your bouncer and in the swing. The ultimate best nap is always swaddled and in your swing, I usually have to wake you up to nurse after a swaddled swing nap! : )
Here you are in your sister's pink swaddle blanket, pretty much the best bet for you, since you have broken free of the other blankets! It's pink, but it's tough, and can handle your hoodini skills of breaking out!
Your smile is my favorite part of my day
2nd favorite part is when you snuggle up real close to my cheek
3rd- hearing Bekah say your name
I really just want to capture every minute of every day . . . : )
You like
- your mommy, daddy and sisters voices
- light, epecially the light that comes in on your changing pad from the window
- being warm
- the bjorn
- your passy
- bathtime if you have your passy
- looking around and lifting your neck, while on someones shoulder. i thought MayMay was being biased when she started talking about the way you can hold your neck up so well, but you really are good at it! Look at that! And he does many times a day! Tummy time, check!
You enjoyed watching the World Series with your daddy. I love that we chose the baseball theme for your nursery and that you are an October baby! Wish you could have been the Ranger's lucky
charm this year . . . : (
I tried to put this pic under the part about you liking your passy, but blogger just wouldn't have it. Anyways, you love it, and it is a great thing for you to love, because we don't have the luxory of nursing being a focused acitivity this go round, the way we did with Bekah, and so, if I have to wait to nurse you because I am doing something with Bekah ( such as helping her go to the bathroom or picking her up from school), the passy always buys me some time, it's awesome!
Oh and look at that spikey hair, it just started about a week and a half ago, I love it!
And while you keep growing, so does Bekah. Yup, that's our girl, asking quesitons about the globe! Her and daddy could talk about that globe for hours! We are hoping you guys have a good apprciation for travel and other cultures like we do!
Your first month of life has been so full of blessings, your precious life has made us all so happy! It's been a busy month though, with Daddy flying out for interviews each week. Lately though, he has really made a great effort to carve out time for you whenever he can, YOU are who he really wants to be with! We have had some great help from family and friends though and we are going to get through this crazy time just fine. It is when I am looking at you or holding you that I am reminded of that.
Daddy has been all over interviewing and in Dec,we will find out where we are living next year!
I understand when people wonder how they could ever love their 2nd child as much as their first, it's a natural worry. . . but from the moment I laid eyes on you, it was like I always had a place in my heart for you, as if I had always loved you even before I met you. You really have completed this family Benjamin!
I can't get enough of you sweet boy, I love you SO very, very much!
You make me so happy!
Love,
Mommy
(or maybe you too will say Mama like Bekah has decided to do : ) )
8 comments:
I can't believe Benjamin is already 1 month old! I love his bear that you're sitting him next to for his picture each month.
Such sweet pictures of your little boy - and of him and his Daddy! You did a great job of documenting the last month - you've motivated me to do monthly posts this time around :)
great post, jenny! give benjamin lots of hugs and kisses for us!!
oh yeah, you do know that MLB's "saying" for the playoffs was "legends are born in october"??
we should make benjamin a t-shirt :)
Oh Jenny, I love this post so much! What a sweet way to write your blog posts - to Benjamin, rather than about him - love it! And Ben truly is a sweet, pefect little boy and we love him so much too! What a beautiful family you have! Love you! :)
This is such a sweet post Jenny! He is such a handsome boy and I'm so happy for you. Way to go Mom!! You have such a beautiful family!
oh my gosh, he is just getting cuter and cuter! i LOVE the spikey hair. so glad i don't have to wait long to see you guys again. please keep him small until thanksgiving :-)
oh what a sweet special post for baby to read some day! :) love it love it! He is a charmer already! and you should get Rebekahs tshirt made- awesome!
How quickly a month goes by! He is so darn precious Jenny! I need to smooch him soon!!!
Post a Comment