I consider it a luxury, these days, to take a moment and blog about my children, so much is happening and changing, I want so badly to be able to document it! And documenting it is something in itself, but these days, it's really the act of sitting down to think about how special they are to us, and how much they have learned and the prayers answered along the way, that I consider such a treat!
So, Bekah has been 4 since April 4, certainly dropped the ball on this one!
Always loving an opportunity to throw a shower or party, I gave a considerable amount of control to the birthday girl this year! She chose the theme, Little Einsteins, which goes along nicely with our Little Einstein adventure year ( her mission was to see the 4 seasons here in Indy, and "rocket" was our new car, Vivaldi's 4 Seasons was the piece of music and we have taught her about various works of art over the year). Always loving a park party, I was advised not to do such a thing here in Indy (until June!), and so, I gave Bekah her choices on indoor venues, and of course, the beloved Chukee Cheese was quickly chosen!
The theme and venue seemed to work and we were feeling good about it!
Whole family at the party : )
I'll back up and talk about her actual day, about a week earlier.
I've never taken the kids out for donuts, and decided this would be a great opportunity,
my little sweet tooth was certainly on board!
Benjamin was oh so happy to come along : ).
Bekah chose to spend her day at the Children's Museum asking to ride the carosel first.
( We had Flat Stanly with us that day : ) )
Bekah with her favorite friend from bible study : ), Elissa Kate : )
Notice we are doing facetime with Gramommy and Pops so they could watch Bekah open her presents!
I'm not one to be too up on technology, but I sure have had to step it up this year with living so far away from everyone : ).
Bekah wearing her new swimsuit and hugging her new doll "from" Benjamin.
That night we ate her favorite dinner ( salmon, homemade mac and cheese and strawberries) while watching her new Angelina Ballerina shows,
thanks Evie!
Happy Birthday Bekah!
With most friends and family living so far away this year, the mail sure got fun and interesting the week of her birthday! One day, she got a new bible and a ballerina outfit for Rebecca, so of course, she dressed her up, and got a leotard for herself of course, and starting "reading" the bible to her!
Ballerinas and bibles, love it!
Few days later, our dear MayMay flew up for a whole week so she could go to Bekah's party!
All Bekah really wanted for her birthday, that she would talk about, was a "Merida dress" , so here she is in her new dress, with an added bonus, a Merida doll!
Bekah LOVES Brave and why the bear fight scenes don't bother her is beyond me!
Even though having a Chukee Cheese party is one of the easiest ways to have a party, I still had some party favor prepping to do. Thanks to MayMay, I got time to have fun with it!
Favor bags with first name initial:
Inside was a coloring book I put together with individual pages of each character, a swirly stick lollipop serving as "Leo's Baton," and a burned Little Einsteins CD. I bought two different Little Einsteins CD's, one with just the instrumental tracks of the adventures, and the other, with them narrating adventures. I also found a great shop on etsy who made personalized Cd cases and song lists.
The Big Day!
Now, about the outfit:
Bekah wanted to be June, so after too many hours internet shopping, I finally found her a purple tutu leotard. I thought that red sparkly Toms would be great for June's red ballet shoes, but at the last minute, Bekah decided pink would be better. Didn't mind one bit, this was her "vision" after all!
Her vision also extended to her lucky brother, "Leo!" She asked that I find him a black shirt and orange shorts. Fortunately Target came through for me : ).
June also has a pink headband, happy we didn't have to buy that one : ) .
Now, did anyone notice at the party?
Of course not!
( not to mention the cardigan stayed on most of the party since it was so cold that day!)
But did it make Bekah soooo very happy?
Yes!
It was the first (of many, I am sure!) party that really was all about her and what she wanted : ).
Sort of fun to have a party planner to work with! : )
Our little ballerina was happy and excited the whole time, it was a great success in that way. All the kids seemed to have fun too.
It was a bit overwhelming, so many people were there on a Saturday, kids running everywhere!
If there is a next time, maybe it will be on a random weekday?
It was sort of like a birthday factory though, as all the tables were lined up with the many parties, when it was time to sing happy birthday, it was a whole room of people singing to 6 different kids!
Not that the kids noticed : ).
Bekah and sweet Evalyn : ).
One of her favorite friends from school, Ella.
Benjamin ended up sitting at the head of the table, don't know how that happened! : )
Found an old fashioned cake place in Carmel, and the cake ended up being SO cute and yummy!
We actually ran out of cake, that's never happened before!
Bekah and I came up with the design together, like I said, love my little party planner!
Our table full of friends and family : ).
That day I was so lifted up by the reality of what God has given my little girl up here. Dance friends, bible study friends, school friends and the kids of zack's co workers have left our little girl feeling very loved : ). Over 20 of her friends came,
Look at her face here!
SHE.WAS. SO.EXCITED!
Benjamin at this moment was clinging on to me for dear life, screaming my name and crying.
The reactions were about as opposite as they come!
Not that you could tell here!
Ha! She must have been contemplating her wish???
Didn't get a pic of Bekah with Chuckee, but, next best thing, Chukee with her adorable dance friends, Olivia and Evalyn!
Love these two!
Bekah proudly wore that crown of hers and her birthday medal : ).
Oh and she was brave enough to go in the ticket blaster too! She got a whole 2 tickets and loved it!
Didn't get pics of that either.
Dance friend Amy. These two always have fun together, so much so that they often times get separated in dance class : ).
Other than that Chuckee Cheese "run in" Benjamin was holding his own and
seemed to be having a great time!
Daddy and Son
The Chuckee Cheese experience was really all our girl needed for a great day, so to come home to a bunch of presents to open seemed like a dream come true to this girl!
This was the first year where we haven't spaced out the presents in days, this girl had the energy and excitement to open them all!
My precious girl, you are so dear to your family and we love you so very much. Every night your daddy and I talk about all the sweet things you say and wonderful things you do, namely the beautiful heart we see that you have for your brother! Your relationship with him is one of my favorite things in the world!
It is my goal this week to write them all down so we will always
remember who you are as a 4 year old.
I tried to do it tonight, but the Spurs playoff game number 6 was on, and mommy just couldn't concentrate!
6 comments:
Love these pictures Jenny! I cannot believe what a big girl she is!!
She is beautiful Jenny and I can't believe she is already 4! Such a good post!
Glad you posted this. I love that she chose the party and all the details :) Thats the best kind of party! Cant wait to see you soon! Love you!
Happy Birthday Bekah! Love this post...especially your honesty about the spurs game there at the end :0) Love yall!
You have a beautiful family!
Cant believe that beautiful girl is 4! Looks like she had a blast and we cant wait for all of you to get back to TEXAS!!
Post a Comment