Monday, January 19, 2009

We are Already in the THIRD Trimester!

Today I went in for my 28th week appointment to find out a few things:

  • I am 28 weeks, but she is measuring at 29 weeks.The nurse said it makes sense because "your husband is a big guy, with those broad shoulders and all." Hmm . . . the epidural is sounding better and better : ) .
  • Her heartbeat is 140 and just makes the loveliest sound, according to her mommy!
  • I had another sonogram to see her all curled up in the bottom of my uterus and that she really is sideways in belly. Nothing to worry about now, she just looks very comfy! At 36 weeks we will hope she is turned more downward. Everyone says that I am carrying her quite low ( and assume that I am having a boy), so I guess her being curled up down there makes sense to me as well.
  • He said I will probably grow to be more and more uncomfortable now that I am in my 3rd trimester, but doing my prenatal yoga, the elliptical and stretching should help. I certainly love my pillow wedge that I got at Babies R Us for me to rest my belly on, though Charlie thinks it is his special pillow to sleep on! So sleeping comfortably hasn't been an issue. We will see!

So the doctor was happy with everything and said that now I have to come in every 2 weeks, making it feel so real that we will get to meet her before we know it! Here is a 28 week pic:



And so today, before my appointment, I went to lunch with my friend Mindy who is also pregnant (with a girl only 3 weeks behind me!) and she suggested that we go check out this boutique that she likes. Well, I have to say, that up until today, I had not bought a single thing for Bekah, not even when I found out that we were having a girl, just knowing that we would be spending money soon enough, I wanted to control myself. But when Mindy held up this adorable little set on sale HALF off, control went out the window and I bought my little girl her first outfit!



How could I resist the weiner dog, with those bows??? And you can't tell in the picture, but the weiner dog has a tutu on too! Plus did you know that it is really a shirt that came with pants (it is size 12T)? But since that was the only size they had and I couldn't NOT buy it, I thought, she can wear it as a dress at first, and then when she is 12 months, put the pants on with it and wear it as it is meant to be! Charlie is a fan, can't you tell?

3 comments:

Cassie said...

oh my goodness that is too precious for words! :) good purchase jen!
and you are looking fab, momma! love your epidural quote- it is good, scratch that, phenomenal! :)

Carla said...

Love the update, and the 28 week pic! Great seeing you this weekend, but I already miss ya :(

Unknown said...

What a precious dress! You look wonderful.