Well, as most of you know, we are smitten with our weiner dog Charlie. I have been thinking alot about how he is going to adjust to the baby and how sad the dog gets in Lady and the Champ. The other night, while talking about his complete ignorance to how his life will soon change, I told Zack, he should write Charlie an "Ode" and that I needed to have a tribute to him on our blog. So, since I am waiting on a few more pics from last weekend's SA shower, I thought it might be a good time to reminise and pay tribute to our "firstborn."
Ode to Charlie
With brownish-type fur,
You once were our favorite,
But now it is her.
For Bekah is new,
And better than you,
The days of your dominance,
Soon will be through.
by,
His loving daddy
(teehee, oh what a funny and talented daddy Rebekah has!!)
And now, a trip down memory lane to see what we have
learned from Charlie about parenting so far:
His baby pic, one of my favorite pictures OF ALL time. He was born April 13, 2007, maybe he and Rebekah will have the same birthday!
One of the first few days that I had him. We were both so scared, I didn't know what to do with him, he was sad to be away from his mommy, we even had sleepless nights with all of his whining! He sure gave us some good practice for the future!
Back in Dallas, this was Charlie's Potty, since we lived on the 3rd floor. See, sleepless nights, potty training . . .
. . . even play dates! Our friend Kristen with her dog, Bam.
They are wearing matching UT sweaters.
And here is Charlie, cuddled up against little Rebekah. When daddy is on call, he sleeps like this too, right up against my belly, maybe they are bonding : ). I think he will be very sweet with her, but VERY curious at the same time, with all those funny baby smells! He is a hound dog after all, with his nose guiding him wherever he goes!
Oh dear, I hope that Diaper Champ does it's job!
4 comments:
You need to add one line to the end.. "please dont take a poo"
I have been thinking a lot about Macy too over the past few days and how her life will soon change with baby Ava's arrival. Sad isn't it? They are going to be so great with the babies though!
i would imagine that when bekah cries, you should not respond by banging the stapler against the wall :-) that is one of my favorite charlie memories. p.s. shower pics are coming soon. i'll make you a cd and drop it in the mail.
Oh...this is good stuff:) He should really quit the whole doctor thing and write Odes.
If you get a chance, you should read the blog entry "boy's best friend" on our friends'blog. It is the Wilks family and it is the cutest ever entry about their "firstborn" and their first baby;)
Post a Comment