Bekah's Baptism weekend in SA started off with an engagement celebration for her Aunt Rani and Uncle Jeff the night before. We went to the Tower of Americas and to all of you San Antonians who have been there in your childhood and were not that impressed with the food, only the spectacular view, well, the food is delicious now! They have new owners and everything is so much better and quite fancy!
For this special evening, Bekah requested to wear her Italian Couture that her fashionable Auntie Hayley sent her from Europe!
For this special evening, Bekah requested to wear her Italian Couture that her fashionable Auntie Hayley sent her from Europe!
Thanks Aunt Hayley, we love it!
(sorry about the pic, I couldn't figure out how to turn it!
doesn't it look like she is doing a curtsey?)
Since I pumped before I left so I could give her a bottle at the restaraunt, I felt free to have my first glass of wine in over a year!

Thanks Mom and Dad, we had a great time!
Rani and her beautiful ring! Good Job Jeff!
Sunday was Bekah's Big day, first we had to dress her in her special gown that her Grandma Nora wore when she was baptised ( it even goes one generation back from Nora too!).


Calvin and Faith made it so special for us. Faith told the congregation how Rebekah means, "bound to the Lord" and then went on to say a special prayer just for her. She said that her middle name (May), implies possibility (because of the connection to Springtime and because of the word itself, as in Bekah May...), and that she is bound only by her possibilities and potential in the Lord.
I just love how personal they made the ceremony for us : )
And now for the party! My mom had everyone over after the ceremony for a yummy meal from Maccaroni's and a very pretty and delicious cake (that I forgot to take a picture of!)





The happy couples . .
With her sweet bonnet on, we thought she looked very pioneer-like which all day long reminded us of that computer game we all know and love, the Oregon Trail. : )
We had our immediate family stand up there with her and
in the pews, there were many other family members. Thanks to everyone who came,
it meant so much to us that you were there!
(the baptism was at San Pedro Presbyterian, the same church we were married at)
I just love how personal they made the ceremony for us : )
And now for the party! My mom had everyone over after the ceremony for a yummy meal from Maccaroni's and a very pretty and delicious cake (that I forgot to take a picture of!)And of course, Bekah had to make a costume change and put on her party dress!
Here are Jaime and Zack with their two darling girls, Taylor and Teagan
Ryan and Allegra drove in from Austin
The entire Allen Clan was there and here are two of them, Aunt Robin and little Kolby.
My grandpa was able to make it as well! I was so happy to have him there with us!
Jeff and Sarah will be her godparents.
Thank you two for being such important people in her life!
Sarah, I can't believe I never got a picture of you with your godaughter!
I am so sorry! But here is one on the day that you babysat Bekah and "bonded" with her.
Charlie and Moosey (Rani's weiner dog) were not invited to the party and watched in longingly as each crumb fell to the floor : ).
As a little girl, sitting in the pews, I always dreamed of what it would be like to be a mother, watching her child be baptised. It was so special and I am just so grateful for that day that we will always remember. I thank God every day for this amazing gift he has given us and having her baptised among so many lovong family members was such a wonderful feeling.
3 comments:
Great update Jenny! I love Bekah's after baptism dress. Too cute :)Looks like you guys had such a great weekend!
Hi Jenny! Bekah is beautiful! Congratulations on her baptism. I can't wait until Jeremy and I are able to have a sweet baby and witness their baptism. What an awesome thing to experience and know that God is definitely in control!
Aww, I'm glad she wore it! SHe looks precious in it! Congrats to Bekah and you guys on baptism. What an exciting time. Can't wait to meet her Wednesday!! Love you!
Post a Comment