Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day

Hello friends! Sorry it has been so long, we have been quite busy with all of this moving business! But of course, never too busy to celebrate Zack's first Father's Day! Here is Bekah telling Zack "Happy Father's Day!" It sounds something like, "Coo!" : )
( I would have downloaded the video but of course, the 3 times I tried to catch her talking, she got camera shy! Notice she is wearing her "Daddy Loves Me" onsie that i joke, makes her look like a boy : ) I tried though, I had a "Daddy's Girl" bow on her head that, by the time the picture was taken, had fallen off! )


My parents came up last weekend to, see the house, help Uncle Jeff celebrate his birthday and celebrate Father's Day with us! They were such an enormous help, my mom taking charge setting up in the kitchen, my dad, in the yard! I have to say, I had more fun going to Home Depot with my dad THREE days in a row! On the third trip, one sales lady was like, "oh I like your long hair, yesterday it was in a hat!" We were self proclaimed customers of the month that weekend : ).
Happy Father's Day Grandpa! Thanks for teaching my daddy everything there is to know about home repair and gardening!
I HAD to run back into the house and capture this picture! Zack, with a saw ON a ladder! You don't see that every day! He was a true dad on Father's Day,
showing his manly macho side,

Especially upon recieving his new power drill and golf club! After recieving such fun gifts he declared "I love being a dad!" : )

Bekah and I have been so very blessed with so much daddy time these past 2 months. He recieved so much time off when she was just born, and this month was his research month, so as soon as his paper was done, he was free to do all sorts of daddy things!
Daddy things like: swaddling Bekah into a Bekah burrito, talking with her every moment he gets, reading to her at night, rocking her to sleep, singing and dancing with her, giving her the ultimate daddy swing when fussy in the car seat, burping her better than anyone I know, smiling at her and of course, praying for her and loving her every single day!
Here are two of her favorites, the swaddle and singing and dancing with daddy! Notice how she keeps her mouth open and her eyes wide while her daddy sings and helps her dance, she's so excited and really gets into it!
(As far as the swaddle goes, it is pretty much the one single thing that always works! We LOVE the swaddle and don't know what we would do without it! It instantly calms her and allows her to sleep 6-9 hour stretches at night! Thanks to her friend Henry for the inspiration! We are crossing our fingers that she too will love it for as long as he did! )




We love you so much daddy! You are perfect for us! I always knew you would be a wonderful daddy, but never would I have imagined HOW beautifully smitten by, and devoted to, our little angel baby you would be!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great post! I'm so glad that Zack had a wonderful 1st Father's Day! Love the tutorial on swaddling and the singing and dancing too! Post pictures of your beautiful house! I'm dying to see it!

Cassie said...

what a sweet sweet post Jenny! those videos are awesome! I am so impressed!! Bekah, that is some mighty fine one arm dancing...I was kinda hoping for Zack in a leo though I have to admit! haha And that swaddle demo was great! He is a PRO I tell you!! but I will say it is much easier to swaddle a baby that is a quite and still as miss B! I second the house pics!!

Anonymous said...

OH Jenny this is the best post ever! What an amazing family! :) I love the videos!!