Us Burkharts have had quite the last few weeks with lots of sweet friends staying with us, it's like the Burkhart Bed and Breakfast around here, and I have simply loved every moment of it!
To start up all the fun last weekend, Bekah and I went to my good friend Charlotte's Sprinkle for her 2nd baby, a baby boy! Bekah was soo excited about finally meeting Charlotte's oldest little girl, Evey, who she had heard so much about. Here they are playing at the shower. Bekah is letting Evey use her new "play phone" that looks alot like her mommy's that she wants to grab and eat all the time : )
Bekah requested a pic with her friend to put up on her friend bulletin board. They live all the way up in Virginia, so it sure was wonderful to see these girls:
And so, after the shower, Vaughanie, Mikey, Ava and Macy ( who drove in for Char's shower) decided to stay the night with us, so our girls could get some much needed girl time! And of course, so their daddies could get in some "jam time" in the "Zacktivities room" and us girls could as always, talk about everything baby/mommy and crafting! Spending time with that sweet Seamans family always leaves us feeling happy and so grateful that they are in our lives : ).
Here is Ava working on starting to crawl, she was sooooo close! Any day now! I am so proud of her! She was showing Bekah a thing or two!
The girls took a moment to "catch up on their reading" and we even found them recommending a title or two to one another, just as their mommies do!
"Ava, I enjoyed the way the author developed the characters in this one, plus, the board book pages are delicious!"
Bekah and Ava were showing off their dancing skills, that they got from their Lancer Dancer mommies of course! Lately, when Bekah is happy, she dances, it's so cute!
Even Charlie got to "play host" to his friend Macy! By the end of their stay, they really were having fun together and I think Charlie had gotten over her large "horse like" stature that may have scared his little puny weiner self at first!
And so, the next day, before they left, Rob and Sari and Witt ( our good friends from Med school that moved up to Minnesota for residency) were able to come over in time to meet Ava and for Ava to meet Witt!
They enjoyed the typical circle time where everyone grabs a toy, eats it for awhile, then kindly sets it down for their friends to eat next! So funny!
and Zacktivities were up and running again, this time with Rob:
And then, guess what happend the next day?? The McAdams' came to stay with us too! Can I just say how much I LOVE having a full house once again?? It was so much fun!
And then, guess what happend the next day?? The McAdams' came to stay with us too! Can I just say how much I LOVE having a full house once again?? It was so much fun!
As soon as they got in, we had a nice surprise of Aunt Sarah volunteering to sit for Bekah and Brinley while the "parents" went out to dinner!

And playing with your baby always involves a photo shoot of some kind, so here is our attempt to take diaper pics!
Then we threw Bekah into the mix, where Amy declared that she looked like a conductor of an orchestra! Teehee, she does have music in her genes, who knows!
Witt was so perfectly chill the whole time, I love his personality!
We also went to the park again, where we had to take even more pics of this cute little trio!



Bekah swang with her best friend Brinely:
The picture speaks for itself!
I just had to steal this pic from Amy's blog of Witt swinging, isn't it adorable???
And then, she decided to show Brinley just how much she cares by giving her lots of lovin! Times like these I LOVE how I have one of those camera's that takes pic after pic, I took full advantage, as you can see I just clicked away, it was just so cute!

It's like they are saying, "Hey, where'd your cute bow?"
About to fall over . .
recovering . .

Here is Aunt Sarah with the baby monitors, for we made sure they were sleeping before we left her with two babies! It was so wonderful to spend some "grown up" time with our dear friends and we are so grateful to Sarah for letting us do this!
Us girls played with our babies, my new favorite thing to do with my friends:

cook and eat. . . . ( Rob makes the BEST breakfast tacos by the way! I love it, I buy the ingredients and he blesses us with his talent!)
(Here, Brinley is playing hide and go seek with Bekah.)
Bekah is sharing her new toy with her friends Witt and Brinley.
First we set up the "youngins" in each corner and when they started grabbing their feet, we thought that the "foot book" would complete the cute pic:
Look at that gorgeous Miss Brinley!

Where Bekah was overwhelmed with love for her friend Witt!

Poor little guy, having all these girls around him, dotting over him! Teehee! We are going to have to work on not being so "forward" Bekah!

Bekah swang with her best friend Brinely:
Mary Pat and Evie even came to hang out! Thanks for taking pictures too Mary Pat!
She actually took one of my new favorite pictures of us! We are all looking at the camera, imagine that!
We love our med school friends SOOOO
much and I can't thank God enough for putting them into our lives so we can support one another in all of these exciting times that we share. We sure missed those Louis' and Warminskis though!
Oh, and one more thing, we celebrated Amy's birthday and look what happend when it was time to blow out the candles!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is her HAIR ON FIRE!!!!!! Props to Rob for his amazingly quick reflexes to stiffle that fire with his bare hands!
And can you believe that only 2 days later, my sweet roomies from college Brandi and Megha, came to visit us? The fun never ends! : )
Here we are shopping, something we are all very good at and share a love for : ). We are trying to teach Bekah the ways, but she surprised us in not being a fan of wonderful places like Anthropologie and Banana!
Oh, and one more thing, we celebrated Amy's birthday and look what happend when it was time to blow out the candles!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is her HAIR ON FIRE!!!!!! Props to Rob for his amazingly quick reflexes to stiffle that fire with his bare hands!Here we are shopping, something we are all very good at and share a love for : ). We are trying to teach Bekah the ways, but she surprised us in not being a fan of wonderful places like Anthropologie and Banana!
3 comments:
You got such great pictures of everyone's stay!!
It looked like Bekah loved all of the visitors too! Maybe she'll love entertaining just like her Mommy?!
whew- just reading that made me tired! but as always, i'm sure you were the hostess with the mostess!
Wow! How fun to have so many visitors! I'm sure Bekah was a fantastic hostess like her mommy :) I'm so glad you guys got a night out too!
Post a Comment