Last weekend, we headed to SA for my friend Cathy's wedding and to spend a long weekend in SA since we would not be going home for Thanksgiving due to the fact that Zack is on call over the holiday. We haven't traveled in a long time ( by Burkhart standards : ) ) and you couldn't ever say that traveling with Bekah was ever a "cinch", but this time, everything really fell into place! First of all, we couldn't leave until 9pm Wednesday night, which at first, may seem like a bad thing, when really, it's wonderful! She slept the entire way without a single peep!
Sleeping with her daddy, happy vacation daddy!
Sleeping with her daddy, happy vacation daddy!
The next day, Nora and I started our photo shoot, which I can tell you more about later because it is sort of a secret, but here is just a glimpse of the fun we had:
Showing off her new "knee socks."
And here are all of us girls with the beautiful bride. Cassie and Carla (who are both expecting their 2nd in April), me, Cathy, Addie, Paige, Vaughanie and Kristen. ( We missed you Shelby!)
It always feels so good to spend time with my high school besties. I love how we are all still so close and involved in one another's lives. I don't know what I would do without them!
Here she is with Adam, Addie's hubby., she really loved him! Just goes to show, no matter the age, us girls love a guy in a uniform!

During daddy's time off, we made sure we hit up the bookstore much to Bekah's approval. She loves Barnes and Noble, just as a good Burkhart should : ).

I really got the feeling that Bekah was thriving all weekend long, thanks to all that special attention from her daddy. It was wonderful to have him around for 5 days straight!
Like I said, traveling was a breeze this trip! : ) We had to get a picture of the hat, she didn't seem to mind one bit that it fell over her eyes, kept the light out, right? : )

The day after the wedding, Cassie, Carla, Paige, Vaughanie and I, with our hubbies decided to get together so those of us who had not met Paige's new baby could, and so that we could all see each other's children. Thank goodness for the blogs, but any moment I can grab to actually hold and play my dear friend's children, I take!
During daddy's time off, we made sure we hit up the bookstore much to Bekah's approval. She loves Barnes and Noble, just as a good Burkhart should : ).
Checking out our new books that we picked up:
I just had to giggle at how Pops ended up reading a Fancy Nancy book to Bekah, I don't think he had any clue what he was getting himself into, talking about glitter and heels and purses! I was so impressed with the way he read it to her, he often did a "think aloud" as us teachers would call it, showing his kindness and patience with his grandbaby and the subject he was reading!
The day after the wedding, Cassie, Carla, Paige, Vaughanie and I, with our hubbies decided to get together so those of us who had not met Paige's new baby could, and so that we could all see each other's children. Thank goodness for the blogs, but any moment I can grab to actually hold and play my dear friend's children, I take!
Here I am with Mr. Ray, he is soooo cute and I just loved getting a chance to hold this sweet little boy who I have watched grow in pictures!
Bekah was excited to meet Ray's beautiful mommy, Paige. She was so sweet to Bekah and you can just tell what a great mommy she is!

Bekah couldn't believe the luck, she got to see Ava again AND she got to play with her much cooler and older friend who she also watches on the blog, Izzie! (Carla's little girl)

And as usual, Ava didn't hold back her urge to "bow snatch!" Here she is, at it again!
Only this time, Izzie was there to teach them how to play together and she actually said, "no, no!" when Ava grabbed Bekah's bow! Teehee! I mean, really, y'all, with all that going on, we can actually say that they were "playing together!" That still blows my mind, that Vaughanie, Carla and I, who DANCED together, now have little girls who are playing together!
I really wish I would have gotten a better picture of the 4 kids! There is always next time!

Bekah couldn't believe the luck, she got to see Ava again AND she got to play with her much cooler and older friend who she also watches on the blog, Izzie! (Carla's little girl)
And as usual, Ava didn't hold back her urge to "bow snatch!" Here she is, at it again!
I really wish I would have gotten a better picture of the 4 kids! There is always next time!
Since we would not be in town for Thanksgiving, we made a point to see the Allens, my dad's sister's side of the family. Here are all the cute cousins:
Teagan playing with rolly pollys:
(Bekah often recieves cute hand me downs from this stylish cousin of hers)

Blake sporing his cool hair do that his daddy helped him with:
And Blake's little brother Kolby with his Grandpa Larry. Cute Kolby was showing off his crawling skills to Bekah, trying to help her learn a thing or two.
Bekah loved seeing all those cousins of hers and their mommies, daddies and grandparents, maybe one day if we move back to SA, she will get to see them a whole lot more! They are so much fun and so special to us!
Before we know it, she and Kolby will be running and playing with them, just like they are doing now:
Aunt Robin ( my dad's sister), Luke and his son Kolby:
I wanted to get a cute kid shot on the couch or something, but when I saw that they were all basically in the same area, I grabbed the chance to catch them all together:
Thanks May May and Grandpa for having everyone over! As always, we had wonderful time in SA with all of our dear family and friends. Can't wait to go back for Christmas! This was our best traveling experience yet with Bekah. I had more fun with her and as I have said before, it was just another example of how I am always thinking to myself, everything's better with Bekah!
Blake sporing his cool hair do that his daddy helped him with:

7 comments:
What a great first Thanksgiving with Bekah! It looks like you all had so much fun. That is great that Zack had so much time off!
Great pictures Jenny! :) Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip! Thanksgiving was so wonderful! I just love seeing Bekah so happy and giggling - she is so darn cute! :)
whoa, that was a jam-packed trip! glad things went well. bekah is so darling!
Great job Bekah on the traveling!
I love all of the photo shoot pictures - her smile is too cute!
GREAT post jen! very documentary!! :) you will have to email me the pic of the girls when you can bc its too tiny on the blog. love the new header too!!
i LOVE the circle skirt and knee socks! she could be in the baby version of Grease :-)
Post a Comment