Thursday, December 10, 2009

8 Months Old!

Bekah is 8 months old, 3/4 of a year! This past month of her life, she has had lots of fun with her friends and family that have visited her. In addition to that, she has been growing like a weed! She now weighs 17lbs and is actually ALREADY growing out of her carseat! That's right, just the other day at the doctor's office, everyone there asked me when I was going to get a new carseat! Confused, I said, "Well, when she is 1 year old or 20 lbs, right?" One nurse said, "Her legs are hanging out, you might need to get one sooner!" And then, everywhere I go, people always exclaim at how long she is! I didn't realize that she was really that much longer than normal!

Hmm . . long limbs will be helpful for her ballarina future . . . : )

This time, she wanted her bunny to wear a Santa hat, but then, I guess changed her mind:

The explanation behind the "Von Trap Family esque outfit":

Grandmommy ( aka Grandma Lenore) and Pops picked this PRECIOUS dress up for her in Germany and I just think she looks like an absolute DOLL in it, I love it! So she had to wear it for her 8 month pic!


Here it is, full legnth. It has little reindeer all over the vest too!

She is also standing up in her crib for the first time!

Of course, I helped her a bit, so I could get that picture, but she stayed there for awhile and posed : ).

I just love the poofy sleeves!
Thanks Pops and Grandmommy for adding to my international wardrobe! I have outfits from Canada, Italy, France and now, Germany!


Her hair is slowly coming in, though it is there, it is still spikey in the back. I see it slowly starting to fall and hopefully one day, lay against her head!

What else has Bekah been up to? Well, she is learning how to celebrate Christmas, here she is with her advent calendar that Daddy is helping her eat:

She decorated her first tree:



She was a great help, making sure that the ornaments tasted just right, especially the "baby's first christmas booties" that May May gave her:


And as you saw earlier, I helped her stand up in the crib for that picture op, but she can bring herself to the sitting position in her crib! She was supposed to be taking a nap and I found her playing with her aquarium! Only 2 minutes later, she realized how tired she really was and coudln't figure out how to lay herself back down so she just sat there and cried until I helped her out and laid her back down. That sequence repeated itself about 3 times until I decided nap time was over! It was so sad, she wanted to sleep but couldn't stay down! Thankfully, this episode has not been duplicated because for awhile there I was worried that it was going to effect her napping! Oh and only a day before this, I had lowered her crib, good timing girl!

And the reason why she can pull herself into the sitting position is because of this girl right here, Miss Brinley! When she came and stayed with us, Bekah saw her "sleep sack" and wanted one for herself! So we DUN DUN DUN, didn't use the swaddle blanket one night, used the sack instead and since then, we haven't looked back! Thanks Brinley for the tip!


After a week or two of the "bekah bag" ( a twist off of the "bekah burrito!") and now look at her, swaddless, bagless and happily sleeping on her belly! So, I can actually say ( against the recomendation of most books), I swaddled my child for 7 months, that's right, SEVEN months! Bekah says, "beat that!" : )


Something else we said goodbye to, the swing! We took it apart for the feast, to get more room in the house and thought that it might be a good idea to just keep it up. It was a very sad moment for mommy, and for daddy as well. But the very next day I couldn't help but smile about all the extra room it opened up!

So here is a shout out to the swing AND the swaddle, two things that will forever have a special place in our hearts! See you some time later in the future for baby number 2! : )
Bath time is more fun, now that we play with all of our bath toys. She loves it! Especially when Daddy sings his "rubber ducky" song that sounds JUST like Earnie!

This month we had lots of "scooting" time, getting so much closer to crawling! She is rocking back and forth and it is soo cute!


We got lots of lovin from family. Here she is with my beautiful cousin Kath!

Bekah is so proud of her Aunt Katherine, she just got into the Graduate Business school at UT!

Bekah has been working on her "eye hand coordination" eating puffs like they are going out of style.
Look mom, I did it!

This month she also:
- got her 6th tooth
- cries when daddy leaves!
- is nursing 4-5 times and eating 3 meals a day
- is clicking her teeth and grinding them too! i hear it's normal, but hopefully won't always do this
-still sleeping from about 8:30- 6:30 or 7 : ).
- and as you see, mommy still dresses her up numerous times a day!
More than every before, she has felt like my little buddy, who I take everywhere I go and can actually experience what I experience! She notices things and with her, she just makes everything I do more fun and special. I simply adore my days with her and can't get enough of all of her wonderfullness. I miss her at night and I can't wait to start each new day with my little best friend!



























5 comments:

Mary Pat said...

I love the Christmas outfit! The puffy sleeves are adorable!!

Cassie said...

what a great update! congrats on the big graduation out of swaddle and swing- wow! and I hated the teeth grinding- ugh- I swore he did it to me on purpose! they do grow out of it though. oh, and we got alex a big car seat about this time too. just have it face the rear still for a while. make it a convertible. :) miss you girls!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Bekah really is becoming a sweet little person - and I love all your photos and outfits; she is the CUTEST darn thing!!! :) So happy for her new teeth and for saying bye to the swaddle - she is becoming such a big girl!!!! Crazy how fast things change Jenny! Love her so much! :)

Carla said...

Great update Jenny :) She is growing sooo quickly. When do we get to see you again?

Roger and Robyn said...

That Christmas outfit is precious! Great pictures! We just put Hunter in his big boy car seat...his shoulders were so squished, and his feet were hanging over the edge too! They are growing up way too fast!