Well, our little girl is 9 months old, we can hardly believe that she is closer to a year old now, rather than half a year! We have had quite the busy/developing month, with Christmas and crawling, here is a little bit of what Bekah Bumblebee has been up to!
As you can see, she continues to be moving and grooving all over the place. And she really is "grooving!" So many times when she is excited about something, she dances! Bounces rather, but that is dancing in her world! I love it! Crawling really is her new favorite thing, though I love that there are so many times throughout the day where she crawls right to me and wants me to pick her up! I love that she still wants to be held and is not always on the go.
She weighs 15.10 lbs (5-10%)
legnth 28 1/4 (75%)
As you can see, she has dropped in her weight, which I have always been worried about, especially when you are a nursing mother who doesn't know how much her baby is taking in each day. After a good pep talk from my mother in law and my husband, I am feeling better and more encouraged. Now that she is 9 months old, the doctor suggested I add dairy to her diet and alot more protein and carbs. Being the fruit girl that she is, I am crossing my fingers here and I already feel better because she certainly gobbled up her yogurt today. Basically she is on the opposite of a diet, butter, milk, cheese and fat, here we come! And as far as why this happened, first of all, she just started crawling and is burning alot more calories, and 2nd of all, she had her first illness this month, lending itself to a not so hungry and happy baby. We have to go back to the doctor next month to see if she has gained weight, and I really hope we can do it. In the meantime, I will be buying all those yummy dairy products that I usually buy nonfat, so let's just hope that mommy doesn't pack on the pounds with her!
She also knows so many words, I love that I can now talk with her and she knows what I am saying! She knows:
daddy, mommy, Charlie Boy ( I don't know why, but I have been calling him Charlie Boy lately, could it be the fireing of Coack Charlie Weis??), Book, Dollie
She is still sleeping from about 8:30 to 7 and on a good day, takes two naps, the after lunch nap being more often than not, the longer nap. But as all mother know, traveling/Holidays and illnesses, teeting can change that real fast. And those things sure have been a big part of our month! She nurses 4 times a day and we eat 3 solid meals.
Because we did so much traveling, I have to give a shout out to Bekah's new high chair that I found on sale for only $16.99! We took this EVERYWHERE we went this month, even to Colorado, I demanded that we had to find a way to pack it on the plane! She is sooo happy in this chair and it is a great way to keep this little crawler safe and happy during meal time, especially if mommy and daddy want to eat! Now that we are back home, I just keep it in the back of my car so if we can use it at a friends's house. Thanks Mary Pat and Evie for this awesome tip!

Bekah learned this month that as much as she loves to wear dresses, they are not too conducive to crawling, so as someone said it ( I can't remember which one of my friends said it!) we always have to bunch up her dress in the back like the waitresses do at hooters with their shirts! Teehee!

She also learned to bang and play drums ( I discovered what great toys wooden spoons and tuperware were this month because I had to pack light!) She is getting so good at copying, as you can see here with her drumming. She can also clap, wave and immitate lots of sounds!

She loves her Baby Mum Mums that Christy introduced her to. Zack and I joke that they are like a bone for a dog, it keeps her happy and busy for atleast 10 minutes while we are at a restaraunt!

Also, if I catch her at a non nap time, she just LOVES the grocery store now that she can sit in the cart like a big girl! She just watches all the people, and many times, will watch a person walk by and almost tip over as she follows them with her eyes and head, it's really cute : ).
A grea deal of her month was spent in preperation for Christmas. Here she is helping me wrap. Wrapping presents with a crawler is an adventure!

And now for the sickness part of the month, dun, dun, dun! Bekah got her first cold this month ( and ear infection) and it was no fun! In an effort to show humor and lift my mood that first week where we were at the doctor's office more times than once, I dressed her in her "Dr. Bekah" scrubs to see the doctor!

Yes, a sick, crawling, no napping (because she didn't feel well) baby kept me pretty busy that week! I even had bad dreams where she was REALLY sick or hurting, it sort of consumed me for awhile. . . I was one worried mommy that week!

It all started when Bekah wanted to throw a Christmas Play Date for her friends where they could decorate cookies and exchange presents : ).
Here she is dressed for the party, sprinkles in hand!

We all had fun, as we always do with our sweet play group, decorating cookies and eating:

But before long, when Bekah started being super fussy and not wanting to eat, I took her temp, and sure enough, she had a fever. As sad as Bekah was to miss part of the play group, it was so nice to have these sweet mommies with me to help me take care of her and make me feel less worried.
We did our best to take care of our sweet little girl, thank goodness she has such a wonderful daddy that is so nice to sleep on, because naps were a hard thing to come by that week!

And so, as I said, a sick, no napping, crawling baby is quite the full time job. I now understand the true meaning of having a sick baby. Only thing was, I had to pack for our 2 week trip, get our Christmas cards ready and wrap presents! And in order to leave for a trip the next day, one MUST do the laundary! So, in efforts to contain my runny nose little crawler, who would not let me leave her side all week, I stuck her in a laundary basket while I did my chores! It worked too!

About 10 days latter, Bekah was feeling better and was ready to visit with a few friends in SA. She was so sad to have to cancel some of our Christmas get togethers, but she was able to see:
Stephanie, one of my best friends from preschool who lives in CA now!
It was so wonderful to spend time with this devoted friend of mine with a heart of gold. She was such a natural with Bekah too, Bekah just loved her! Stephanie is such an awesome Auntie, she will be one amazing mommy too!
Bekah finally got to meet sweet Madison, Sara's little girl who was born in October.
She is the cutest, prettiest little thing!
Sara was my neighhor who lived across the street from me my whole childhood. We used to play house together and now, we really are doing what we always wanted, being mommies! Sara was a super nanny for so long, Madison is so blessed to have this expert mommy take care of her!
More about our Christmas in the next post, but before Bekah got sick, we did do quite a few Christmas things in Houston, like:
We took a family Christmas picture in front of our house, something I have been always looking forward to doing one day!
Bekah got to play some more with her ADORABLE friend Trig! They stopped by for a visit and Bekah couldn't have been happier to see this funny guy! Trig had more fun laughing at Charlie and us parents had more fun laughing at him!

Before Mary Pat went back to work, Bekah insisted on seeing Evie alot, so Mary Pat had us over for yummy french toast breakfast, and the girls had to wear their jammies of course!
Zack and I even had a chance to follow tradition and go to the Nutcracker again this year! We have gone every year since we started dating and I am so grateful to Mary Pat and Ryan for allowing us to go this year by watching Bekah!
Bekah made time to go see Christmas lights with Aunt Sarah and Adam . . .

legnth 28 1/4 (75%)
As you can see, she has dropped in her weight, which I have always been worried about, especially when you are a nursing mother who doesn't know how much her baby is taking in each day. After a good pep talk from my mother in law and my husband, I am feeling better and more encouraged. Now that she is 9 months old, the doctor suggested I add dairy to her diet and alot more protein and carbs. Being the fruit girl that she is, I am crossing my fingers here and I already feel better because she certainly gobbled up her yogurt today. Basically she is on the opposite of a diet, butter, milk, cheese and fat, here we come! And as far as why this happened, first of all, she just started crawling and is burning alot more calories, and 2nd of all, she had her first illness this month, lending itself to a not so hungry and happy baby. We have to go back to the doctor next month to see if she has gained weight, and I really hope we can do it. In the meantime, I will be buying all those yummy dairy products that I usually buy nonfat, so let's just hope that mommy doesn't pack on the pounds with her!
She also knows so many words, I love that I can now talk with her and she knows what I am saying! She knows:
daddy, mommy, Charlie Boy ( I don't know why, but I have been calling him Charlie Boy lately, could it be the fireing of Coack Charlie Weis??), Book, Dollie
Bekah learned this month that as much as she loves to wear dresses, they are not too conducive to crawling, so as someone said it ( I can't remember which one of my friends said it!) we always have to bunch up her dress in the back like the waitresses do at hooters with their shirts! Teehee!
She also learned to bang and play drums ( I discovered what great toys wooden spoons and tuperware were this month because I had to pack light!) She is getting so good at copying, as you can see here with her drumming. She can also clap, wave and immitate lots of sounds!
She loves her Baby Mum Mums that Christy introduced her to. Zack and I joke that they are like a bone for a dog, it keeps her happy and busy for atleast 10 minutes while we are at a restaraunt!
Also, if I catch her at a non nap time, she just LOVES the grocery store now that she can sit in the cart like a big girl! She just watches all the people, and many times, will watch a person walk by and almost tip over as she follows them with her eyes and head, it's really cute : ).
And now for the sickness part of the month, dun, dun, dun! Bekah got her first cold this month ( and ear infection) and it was no fun! In an effort to show humor and lift my mood that first week where we were at the doctor's office more times than once, I dressed her in her "Dr. Bekah" scrubs to see the doctor!
Yes, a sick, crawling, no napping (because she didn't feel well) baby kept me pretty busy that week! I even had bad dreams where she was REALLY sick or hurting, it sort of consumed me for awhile. . . I was one worried mommy that week!
It all started when Bekah wanted to throw a Christmas Play Date for her friends where they could decorate cookies and exchange presents : ).
Here she is dressed for the party, sprinkles in hand!
We all had fun, as we always do with our sweet play group, decorating cookies and eating:
But before long, when Bekah started being super fussy and not wanting to eat, I took her temp, and sure enough, she had a fever. As sad as Bekah was to miss part of the play group, it was so nice to have these sweet mommies with me to help me take care of her and make me feel less worried.
And so, as I said, a sick, no napping, crawling baby is quite the full time job. I now understand the true meaning of having a sick baby. Only thing was, I had to pack for our 2 week trip, get our Christmas cards ready and wrap presents! And in order to leave for a trip the next day, one MUST do the laundary! So, in efforts to contain my runny nose little crawler, who would not let me leave her side all week, I stuck her in a laundary basket while I did my chores! It worked too!
About 10 days latter, Bekah was feeling better and was ready to visit with a few friends in SA. She was so sad to have to cancel some of our Christmas get togethers, but she was able to see:
Stephanie, one of my best friends from preschool who lives in CA now!
She is the cutest, prettiest little thing!
Going to see Lights in the Heights with our friends the Whitesides! All the houses put up beautiful lights, but they also had a parade, like Mardi Gras!

Here is Bekah and Evie in their matching Rudolph onesies that Mary Pat and I made!
We took a family Christmas picture in front of our house, something I have been always looking forward to doing one day!
Bekah got to play some more with her ADORABLE friend Trig! They stopped by for a visit and Bekah couldn't have been happier to see this funny guy! Trig had more fun laughing at Charlie and us parents had more fun laughing at him!Before Mary Pat went back to work, Bekah insisted on seeing Evie alot, so Mary Pat had us over for yummy french toast breakfast, and the girls had to wear their jammies of course!
but as you can see, was not too interested in them!
In addition to those things, her hair is starting to lay flat : ), she got her 7th tooth ( on the ski trip of course!) and she hardly ever spits up anymore! It was a whirlwind of a month, with, as I said, Christmas, crawling, traveling and her first cold,
Well, back to the kitchen to check on how "Opperation Chunk Up" is going! Bekah, I'm boiling eggs for you to eat the fatty yolk and baking sweet potatoes to load up with butter, all on doctor's orders!
and we couldn't have done it without her very best friend,
She took her dollie to the Dr, on the plane trip, on all the car trips, when she naped in all the new places, when she saw all her loving relatives, Dollie was her right gal man this month!
(sadly for Charlie, I think Dollie is higher up than he is now! : ) )
(sadly for Charlie, I think Dollie is higher up than he is now! : ) )
I love you little one and our precious days that I spend at home with you, sick or not, are the most wonderful Christmas gifts I could ask for!
6 comments:
Bekah will get that weight back in no time! Sounds like she has some yummy foods coming her way! :)
I love all of the pictures of Bekah climbing on the chair in her room!
I'm glad to hear that she loves her booster seat! I know that will be such a great tool to give you and Zack some freedom when eating.
The picture of you two at the Nutcracker is cute!!
She is so cute! Lauren has that same booster seat too! Lauren is super tiny too and only weighed 18 pounds at 13 months. We've had to work on her chunking up :) Yo Baby Yogurt is great, cheese slices, soft toast with butter, baby cereal but we add a jar of fruit and cinnamon, applesauce with cinnamon, etc. Hopefully that helps. :)
Oh Jenny, I can only imagine how much you have been worrying! She'll gain that weight back so quickly with all of the new foods you're adding. :) You're doing a great job!
jenny, you are super mom! i only get to see the fun stuff, it's amazing to hear everything that you are doing behind the scenes. i especially like the laundry basket playpen. that is called creativity born of necessity :-) maybe life will quiet down a little bit now that the holidays are over...
What a sweet girl! Give her a hug for me!
Great post Jenny! So glad you got to see so many important people and do so many fun things!
Post a Comment