The month of March is a special month in our playgroup, both of the "big boys" have birthdays! Their parties were back to back weekends, first stop, Hunter's First Birthday Party!
Here is Bekah getting ready! We have been excited about it for quite awhile, she decided it was a good occasion to break out both her pretty necklace and her pretty bracelet, though the bracelet had to soon come off, her interest level and desire to take it off and immediately put it in her mouth concerned me too much.
And the adorable smash cake! She did these all by hand and I am not one bit surprised, she is one of the best baker's I know!
( Emily is Mason's mommy, whose party we would be attending next week!)
The Birthday Family- Roger, Robyn and Hunter
( Robyn and I went to college together and were in the same teaching cohort with my friend Christy : ). AND her husband is a resident too! Basically we have been through student teaching, teaching, medical schoool, residency and now, motherhood together, I love this girl!)
that Bekah just fell in LOVE with! She could of stayed there all day and played . .
and played!
Barrett, Hunter's BIG brother!
Playgroup friends, Emily, Samantha, Hunter and Robyn
Roger and Derrek- the two birthday daddies of Hunter and Mason. A special thanks goes out to them because I went to both parties minus Zack and they were always so sweet, helping me carry stuff, watch Bekah and all those other helpful things that Daddies get to do at birthday parties! Sweet Hubbies!

Friends:
Hunter getting read for his cake! Look at Bekah clapping for him, she could just feel the excitement in the air!
Friends:
( notice thieir matching chairs : ), don't leave home without it!)
Singing to the birthday boy:
Hunter inspecting his very own smash cake:
Hunter was a total champ in the cake eating department! He ate it happily for atleast 10 minutes! He set the bar high for Bekah and her birthday cake, hopefully she was taking notes!
I am thinking he has sweet tooth just like his mommy : ) . . .
And I am thinking Bekah has one too, she was lovin the cupcakes!

Especially when Hunter's grandpa came over and smacked down a scoop of icecream to go along with it!
Needless to say, between the rainy weather and the yummy but messy dessert, we are thinking that trying to get one more wear out of your "winter whites" to a birthday party might not be a good idea!

And on to the next party!

His birthday was at a great place called Put, Pitch and Play, where the kids had so much to do both inside and outside, it was great! The drive down there was fun too, the girls just sat and laughed at each other for atleast 10 minutes! It's not every day that Bekah has a driving buddy! I really have never heard Bekah laugh for so long, than when she was back there with Evie!
They even had a train ready for the kids to take a ride in! Luckily, we showed up just in time for Evie to "catch a ride!"
Since Evie goes to Day School now, it was a special treat for our playgroup friends to get to see her at the party : ).
Especially when Hunter's grandpa came over and smacked down a scoop of icecream to go along with it!
Needless to say, between the rainy weather and the yummy but messy dessert, we are thinking that trying to get one more wear out of your "winter whites" to a birthday party might not be a good idea!
And on to the next party!
The following weekend, it was another friend from our playgroup's birthday, Mason! He was turning 3. Now, at this birthday party, we got to bring our good friend Evie, since her parents already had plans that night. I was very excited to be a "mommy of 2" that evening, but I soon learned that a mommy of two hardly has enough time to go to the bathroom, let alone take pictures! I wish I would have taken more, I didn't even get a picture of the birthday boy, I had to "steal" this off his blog! : ) (Hat's off to all you great bloggers that have more than one child! I might be left in the dust when that day comes!)
His birthday was at a great place called Put, Pitch and Play, where the kids had so much to do both inside and outside, it was great! The drive down there was fun too, the girls just sat and laughed at each other for atleast 10 minutes! It's not every day that Bekah has a driving buddy! I really have never heard Bekah laugh for so long, than when she was back there with Evie!
So as soon as we arrived ( late of course!) to the party, my friend Robyn swooped in to help out, knowing I would be flying solo to this party. Thanks Robyn!
They looked so pretty in this picture together with their pretty blue eyes!
Great parties ladies! How blessed we are to have found such wonderful friends in our playgroup!
And now, for Bekah's birthday parties! She has one in SA this weekend and one in
Houston next week! Only one more day until she is ONE YEAR OLD!!!
1 comment:
First, Robyn's cakes and cupcakes for Hunter's birthday party were amazing!! She is so talented!
Thanks again for taking Evie to Mason's party! I know she had so much fun with her friends. That train ride looked amazing...no wonder Emily was excited that Evie made it there in time for the ride! : )
Happy birthday to 2 of our favorite play date boys!!
Post a Comment