Wednesday, April 13, 2011

15 Weeks!

Teehee, the post that would make the most sense to put up after one titled "23 months", would be 24 months, right??? But due to the fact that I am PREGNANT : ), posting has not been at the top of my list lately and its about time that I blogged about my other child, whoever they may be! Here Baby Burkhart  #2 is, in all it's largeness, already! In the pic, I am 12 weeks, but currently, I am 15 weeks and 3days : ). I will have to get a more recent pic, but gosh, I am good just posting, don't you think? : )

As I had heard, the belly definitely does "pop" sooner with Baby #2 and by 13 weeks I had had it with regular clothes and couldn't wait to get into maternity ones, if not just dresses and skirts! And before I let this whole post be about fashion and how "big" I am already, I must take a moment to say just how grateful we are that our family is growing and that Bekah gets to be a big sister! Our family is perfect just how it is, with our healthy little girl, so for God to want to give us another child, it just seems too good to be true : ).

Speaking of Bekah, she is fully aware that mommy is having a baby, and really had no other choice than to comprehend it to the best of her ability when we first found out because she was the one who told our family! Teehee! In her limited, toddler like vocabulary,we got her to speak the words, "Mommy's having baby"on the phone and yes, she did have to repeat it numerous times before the listener could understand and yes,when I took the phone over after Bekah "revealed the big news," expecting sounds of excitement on the other line, my dad responds calmly saying, "yeah, don't know what Bekah was saying, something about a baby?" Oh well, we tried! Gramommy got it after about 4 times, and May May too : ), we girls know how to communicate on the phone I guess : ). I would LOVE to download the video of her reporting the big news, but that would require more time and effort and by golly, if this post isn't late enough! : )

Here is the big sister herself, not really wanting to be held or to cooperate by being in the picture, but there she is! : ) Now, when I ask her where the baby is, she says, "Mommy's belly button," and when I ask her if Mommy is having a boy or a girl, she most confidently responds, "GIRL!" She kisses my belly and really does have an awareness here because this is one girl that has a baby radar, she loves them and is such a good momy to all of her dolls, especially that Barbara! Teehee, lately, more than ever before, I have a feeling that this girly girl is going to get what she wants and have herself a sister! Which, in my world would be amazing because I never had a sister and always saw my friends with their sisters and wanted one so badly! ( In addition to my brother! Love you Jeff! Teehee!) But at the same time, gosh, a boy in our family would be incredible, a little Zack! So, boy or girl, who cares, we just pray for another healthy Burkhart!

The reason we had Bekah tell everyone is a) because we thought it would be cute 2) because Charlie was the bearer of good news with Bekah! (teehee, did anyone catch that? zack and i like to list things like that in reference to buzz on home alone : )) I thought that I had a picture of him on my computer, but I can't find it, but see, with Bekah, we tied a balloon around his neck that said, "you are going to be a grandma/aunt!" and rang the door bell, ran a way, and waited for them to open the door to a scared little weiner dog, just trying to get away from that weird balloon attatched to his neck! It was pretty funny and very successful!
Oh, and I really am sorry about not posting for OVER a month! I never thought I would let it go that long, but honestly, this pregnancy has been a bit more exhausting and nauseating than with Bekah and her naptimes are often spent cleaning or cooking, if not napping myself! And with her birthday party, smack dab in the middle of everything, if I had extra time or energy, it went towards that : ). And in the evenings, I feel like Cinderella when the clock strikes 7 ( I wish it was 12!) because I instantly feel nauseous the rest of the night, my energy levels are down to a minimum and I just want to lay or sit : ). Poor Zack has had to put up with a not so clean house or energetic wife when he comes home, Bekah tends to get the best of me during the daytime : (, but starting a 14 weeks, I have had much better days and sometimes, better nights : ). Zack's schedule got better just around that time as well, so  I have been able to go to prenatal yoga which I never realized what a difference it made for me with Bekah until I didn't go this time, I LOVE it! I hope I can go atleast once a week now that Zack gets home earlier. Walking and working out also help, it's just been trickier, listening to my body AND a fun little toddler at the same time. Like in the mornings, Bekah wants to stay in her room and play before going down for breakfast and I am pretty much BEGGING her to come down with me, just so I can eat, I am so hungry! : ) On some days where I felt particularly bad and just have to lay down, I have found myself praising Mickey Mouse clubhouse or Cinderella because TV really has been something I can resort to, and I am glad I have an option to fall back on, since I don't have a darling MayMay or Gramommy I can call up! It's been harder this go round, but I pray it is only preparing me to be a stronger more capable mommy because that is what I am going to have to be with TWO little ones to love and care for! I admire all you girls of multiple children so much! So, every night, I ask God to give me the energy and strength to do what I need to do and on top of it all, praise him, praise him, praise him, for our newest addition!

)My 16/17 week appointment is next Thursday and if he/she cooperates, we just may see if Bekah is right, and gets herself a little sister, or if we are blessed with a boy and get to step into that precious world of blues, baseballs and overalls! : ) )

Oh, and my due date is Oct 1st! Aunt Sarah's Birthday! : )
(Bekah's 2nd Birthday Post soon to come!)

8 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

Great post, Jenny!!! We are so exicted for you Burkharts!

And you're finding out the sex next week, what?!?! Where has this pregnancy gone?!?

Sarah said...

YAAAAYYYY!!! jenny, you are so beautiful - this post was my first glimpse of the belly! and i had no idea that you would possibly find out the sex in a week. holy smoke, i cannot wait!!! i hope that little one poses exactly right for the sonogram. what a fun Easter surprise!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful Jenny! I'm so happy for you and your new family of 4. Can't wait to find out if baby Burkhart is a girl or a boy!!!!

Mary Pat said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I just asked Evie if you are having a boy or girl...she said "girl!" She and Bekah are on the same page :)

Cassie said...

you look sooo great jenny!!! love that lil belly! this is just what I wanted! great update! and with pictures- gold star!
yay for baby!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Cant wait till thursday too!! ;)

Tana said...

SOOOO happy for you guys, Burkhart family!! :)

Kristin said...

finally! cat's out of the bag! congratulations, jenny may! so happy for you and your precious family. :)

Carla said...

Yay Jenny!! You look so great and I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better! Can't wait to find out what you are having:) And you are right, either way you are blessed:)