Way back in Feb. when we learned that we were pregnant ( the day before Valentines Day to be exact, I SO had wanted to keep it a secret from Zack and tell him on Valentines, but, who am I kidding? Keeping a secret from my best friend who I LIVE with is near to impossible for me!), my parents and Jeff and Rani wanted to get together and celebrate! They surprised me with a cookie cake and a box of Pampers Swaddlers, oh how my heart melted when I held one up! My mom specifically asked for both pinks and blues to be represented:
To make it fun, I then told everyone to eat a pink one if they thought I as having a girl and blue if boy. Rani and Jeff chose a pink:
Mom and Dad chose a blue WITHOUT an ounce of hesitation. My dad seems to think that he is a present day profit when it comes to love and children ( he claims to have known who we would be marrying from a very early stage in both Jeff and I's relationships with Rani and Zack), and from the get go has been calling our child, Tex, Bubba, Dallas, and any other super Texas name that he can think of, because he KNEW it was going to be a boy!
And look what I chose! A blue one! In a moment like this, teehee, I had to give in to what I thought, I know I always said girl, but that day, I was feeling boy, plus, I couldn't help but go with what I secretly wanted most.
( NOTE- obviousley, we just wanted a healthy baby, but, when it came down to it, if I HAD to choose, like in a big cookie cake moment like this, I couldn't help but want a boy!)
(Zack on the other hand chose a pink one, teehee, maybe because it had more icing?? But really, he was, more than me, just convinced it was a girl, all along! Him and Bekah!)
A few days before we found out, I was out running errands at Barnes and Nobles, when I saw Bekah's facination with Thomas the Train set, I couldn't help but wish for a boy, once again . . . Having boy stuff around this little princess would be good for her too!
And then, the big day came and we indeed found out, we are having a boy! Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how much excitement Zack and I felt when the Dr told us! Our Dr. is a pretty calm and cool guy and even he was amused by our disbelief and happiness! Oh and y'all, when mommy can see that it is a boy, it is a boy! I mean, there it was! He was not shy one bit!
We were so caught up in the gender talk with my Dr., that when he had his hand on the door, ready to leave, I was like, "Wait, how is he, I mean, does he look okay? How much does he weigh?" Once again, he was amused by me and reminded me that the baby was less than a pound and that he looked just fine and that his hearthbeat was still strong. Yay, praise God!
I pray that when we go to our anatomy scan on May 12th, we hear that all his organs are strong and growing wonderfully : ).
I'd also like to thank my wonderful husband for taking a moment after the Dr. left to say a prayer of gratitude for what we had just learned, we were having a healthy little boy! He is so good at stopping and taking a moment to pray, for guidance, and in praise! What an incredible role model my little guy has in his father! I don't think that the world has enough role models for boys and men alike to look up to, and I feel like it is so important for a boy to see how to wear all the hats that he has to wear in life, like how to be both a father and have a career, all the while, serving the Lord. That is a tough balancing act. I couldn't be prouder of the way Zack balances his priorities and how blessed our little boy is that he will be able to look to his father in such ways!
When we got home, I couldn't wait to tell Bekah, "we are having a boy!" So I asked her what she thought we were having, expecting her to say, "girl," as she always has said, but this time,she said, "boy!" Being super impressed with her so called prophet like gene that grandpa must have given her : ), Zack told me he thinks she said that beause she overheard me yelling it to my neighbor across the street. Whatever, I think she just knows!
In our excitement and gratittude, we decided mommy is not cooking tonight, let's go out and celebrate! So we went to a local restarant and there,we talked about names, nurseries and plans!
Covieniently, the tables at the restarant are covered in paper for the kids to write on, and Zack decided to join Bekah and write down a few things for himself, such as names for our son! I of course, had to take a picture:
Benjamen, David, Samuel, Joseph and Aaron
Just like Rebekah's name, we want it to be biblical and so, here are the 5 names we have narrowed it down to, after talking about it for soooo long, even when I was pregnant early on with Bekah, we couldn't decide on a boy name! We know one thing for sure, Stephen will be his middle name ( after Zack's dad) and even since we took the picture, we have made some changes.
We have dropped a few, and added one:
Benjamen Stephen Burkhart
Joseph Stephen Burkhart
Joshua Stephen Burkhart
For something that I seemed to have such an opinion on before we found out what we were having, I have a total peace about Zack taking over from here! Even the narrowing down of names was done by Zack, this past week. I want him to love the name and it is now officially his job! As soon as he decides, we will let you know!
In the meantime, there is something mommy can do and that is, shop! Teehee!
The day we found out, I dragged Bekah and Zack to Berings and picked out something that , to me, is the epitome of boy, overalls with a baseball on them! Speaking of baseball. That night at dinner, Zack looked at me and said, "So the nursery will be baseball, right?" I was so surprised that he had an opinion and reminded him that as much as I do love to search the internet for the perfect nursery theme, if that is what he really wants, I don't mind giving up all that computer time, it's just that he must really want it. And he knodded his head and said, "Yep, that's what I want!" Wow! Okay then! He then elaborated and said he wanted it to be an antiquey looking baseball room with maybe some black and white pics on the walls of baseball players or stadiums? Not sure what it will eventually look like, but given that Zack played baseball all his school career and I can't help but want our little boy to be in teeball/baseball himself, it seems perfect! Oh, and the room will be bold reds and blues, and creams, rather than pastel colors with whites . . we will see! And yes, we will be keeping our guest bed in there, should be interesting to see how the room ends up looking!
One other piece I had to pick up at an "after Easter sale" I came across. I really could not help myself,
it was half off!
And for the sake of documenting, here is a "belly pic" of me at 17 weeks. Now that we know we are having a boy, my lack of documenting or journaling ( as I did so much of with Bekah) is not so much making me guilty as it had before, due to the fact that boys are not interested in such things, really . . .but then, I can't help but think about is wife (oh my gosh, did I just say that???) and I think, okay jenny, do it for her, she will want to see these things! So I will try harder, now that I feel better in the daytime, but if I fall short, at least I can remind myself that I am having a boy, right? : ) I know, I want the documentation, I do, but it is just so much harder this go round! Thank goodness for blogging, it keeps me motivated!
12 comments:
Jenny I CANNOT even express the love in my heart baby boy Burkhart! I am so excited for you, Zack, and Bekah in so many ways and feel so blessed to be able to be an aunt again to another sweet baby. I think it is so wonderful how involved Zack is in chosing the name and can't wait to know the decision - all the options sound perfect so I don't think you can go wrong. :) I feel very lucky to be a part of this journey with you, Jenny! Love you.
What a great post, Jenny! Little boys are the best- we are so happy for you guys!!
oh jenny, what a fun time! I adore the little outfits you got! Impressive!! Already, he is quite the dresser!! :) and I love all the name choices- cant go wrong!! Cant wait to hear the final decision! Praise the Lord for a healthy baby boy!!! YEA! :)
wonderful post! you may not be blogging as many posts about this pregnancy, but the ones you do post are muy bueno!!
great names!
I can't wait to hear the name - they are all really great. And then I'll have BBB (Baby Boy Burkhart)'s initials, perfect for monogramming purposes!
And so excited for him and Little Sailor to become great buddies!
Yay for baby boys!! I am so excited about the news. I love how involved Zack is in all these big decisions and then remembering to take the time to say a prayer of gratitude to the one who has made this all happen....amazing and inspiring! Your little boy definitely has a wonderful role model to look up to and a perfect lady as a mother, a quality that hopefully he will someday look for in his future wife. I love all the name choices and nursery ideas and cant wait to hear more! See you soon!
I love everything about this post. I am so excited for you guys and cant wait to find out baby boy burkharts name. Congratulations again!!
congratulations, jenny! that is very exciting! can't wait to see you . . . hopefully before the wedding!
Could this post be any cuter?!?! The answer is no! Love the cookie bouquet and that everyone had to choose pink or blue. Such a cute idea to document the writing of the names on the table cloth - baby boy Burkhart is going to love looking back at these...or like you noted, at least his wife will :) You have so many great boy name options - can't wait to hear what the final decision.
Boy Oh Boy, we are so excited for you!! Love all the names and love that sweet little bump of yours!
Love it! We are so happy for you, Zack, and Bekah! Little boys are so much fun. I love all the name choices!
love the names jenny! Good, solid boy names :) Love you friend!!
Post a Comment