Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stephanie's Wedding in San Diego!

When my best friend from preschool, Stephanie, announced that her wedding would be in her new hometown, San Diego, Zack and I were so excited to have the perfect excuse to see this city that we hear everyone talking about!

"You stay classy San Diego. I'm Ron Burgandy?"

Teehee, and yes, the Anchorman quotes were rolling that weekend!

In Stephanie like fashion, even though it was her weekend, she had presents galore for all the kids and birthdays that she said she had missed over the year, and wouldn't you believe that she threw a birthday party the night before her rehersal dinner for one of her nieces? She is so amazing at thinking of other people!
And speaking of kids, no, Bekah did not go : ). It was a nice getaway for Zack and I , plus, I really wanted to focus on Stephanie, and give my faraway friend as much attention as possible!
Thanks Gramommy and Pops for babysitting!
First full day, I helped to throw a bridesmaid luncheon for Stephanie, and it turned out to be such a special event! Everyone ended up taking a moment to toast Stephanie and tell her how much she meant to them.
Yummy cupcakes.

Pre determinedmenu with a recipe card at everyone's seat for them to jot down "recipe's for a good marriage" to give to Stephanie.

Party Favors- personalized Hershey bars with little tidbits of info on them about the couple, Stephanie and Eddie : ).

It was at a lovely San Diego restarant overlooking the beach.

Don't get views like that in Houston!

Stephanie gracefully taking in all the compliments during the HOUR long toasting! I had no idea everyone was going to take their turn, but then again, lots of people love this girl!

Steph and her mom and mother in law.

Ladies at the lunch:

Opening presents:


It was an honor to be by her side all weekend long!

That night, Kameron and Christy rolled in, and when I say "rolled" they showed up in an impressive set of wheels, a Versa! You know how when you go on a trip, the rental car ends up being the brunt of many jokes? It was no different this weekend.  I have never even heard of such a car, but since it would be our mode of transportation for the weekend, packing in quite a few of us in that small 4 door, "she" deserved a picture. We all became quite fond of the Versa, especially Kameron, its driver! : )


We made sure to take full advantage of all of the great places to eat in San Diego, here we are at some famous breakfast spot, Richard Walkers. A nice breakfast is such a treat these days, these childless parents were VERY excited!

By then, our good friend from high school, Andrew, had joined up with us, and we decided to head up to Coronado island. It was fun to gawk at all the beautiful homes, and for entertainment, we stopped off to check out the going rate for this much sought out after piece of land, and oh my goodness it is expensive to live out there! That tiny house was over a million!

Kameron, Christy, Zack and Andrew at Coronado Hotel

It was soooo nice for it to be just Zack and I that day, with no paigers, no schedules, with the beach and friends to pay attention to!

Zack and I decided that one day, we HAVE to come back to this hotel and stay here! One day!

I just couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was! We joked that he should try to do a fellowship here!


I love hanging out with these boys. Andrew was Zack's best man in our wedding : ).

The famous Coronado Hotel:

Hanging out on the beach, I caught this pic of them that we call the Album Cover pic, looks like they are in a band or something : ).


I felt so spoiled getting to see these two for 4 days straight!

Agh, I hate how I am bending over here, too high schooly, but then again, it's the only group shot I have : ).

Couln't help but catch this cute photo op!

I love you Christy!


Not only did I gawk at the pretty shoreline, but the flowers and vegitation was so lovely here!

Strip of lucky houses on Coronado Island, facing the sea.



Rehersal dinner with the Overstreets : ).

Wedding Day!
The beautiful bride, getting her hair and make-up done.
Her dress was gorgeous! You know, that very same day, Nora sent me a pic of Bekah dressing up like a bride too, she wanted to be like "bride stephanie!" :  ) Teehee!

View outside the hotel where we stayed that also was where the wedding took place, on the beach!

Stephanie and Eddie are Jewish so I was very interested in attending my first Jewish wedding!
Everyone with their yamakas.

Me and the other bridesmaids  : ).

Stephanie daring to walk down the stairs with her heels on and her long dress! But she did it!

She seriousely belonged in a brides magazine!

The ceremony.
Eddie helped to build the chuppah ( wedding alter)


Friends from high school and college:
Travis, Andrew, Loch, Emily and her hubby Scott

Even Zack sported a yamaka, which of course, such a site was BEGGING for a picture!
Even though I wasn't feeling too "dance clubish" that night, in my pregnant/nautious state, since Christy was there, I couldn't help but join one of my favorite dance buddies! Plus, Zack was dancing! So I had to take advantage of that unusual situation!
This would be the part of the night where Ron Burgandy was quoted saying,
"Scotch, scotch, scotch, down to my belly!"
Stephanie sure had a lot of people from high school and college fly out to be there for her big day!

Steph, I love you and I am soooo happy for you and how you truly did meet your Prince Charming!

"Until next time, you stay classy . . . Planet Earth!"

( I wonder, is that my first post with out a single picture of Bekah??? Sorry grandparents!"


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time! Hotel Coronado is great, isn't it?! and LOVE the album cover pic - hilarious!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding! Jenny you look great- you have that pregnancy glow! So pretty!!! :)

Sarah said...

"san diego" means "a whale's vagina"

Kristin said...

that looks like a gorgeous wedding. loving the pink and the bride's dress! i love seeing pictures of you and your churchill friends . . . makes me think of my clan from home! can't wait to see you . . . SOMEDAY! :)

Mary Pat said...

What a beautiful wedding! I'm so glad you guys had a mini getaway weekend! And I love all of the Anchorman references!! :)