Sunday, February 12, 2012

Benjamin's Sip and See

Way back in November, my dear friends, Mary Pat, Cassie and Christy, all threw me a Sip and See, in my hometown, San Antonio! It was at Christy's parents' beautiful new home and it felt so good to have it filled up with our friends and family!
I wasn't good about taking pictures, there were so many people I didn't get a picture of! But Mary Pat was sweet enough to send me her pics, I am so grateful that she helped me to capture this special day!

The theme went along with his baseball nursery, and they even had cracker jacks as the party favor!

The food was delicious and the presentation was cute as always, when it comes to these girls!

Since Zack and I are both from SA, we had a great group of friends and family from both sides who were eager to meet our little man!

My Aunt Pam and cousin in law Allegra, who drove in from Austin, thanks guys!

Thanks for the cute bunting Mary Pat! It's going to be used at his first birthday, somehow! And as soon as we move, I'm going to find a place for it in his nursery too. Our nursery right now doesn't have any more wall space since it has sloping ceilings.



It was funny, Benjamin slept the WHOLE time, so much so that I just waited for him to tell me he was hungry, knowing he would eventually. It was almost like with all the people and noise, he went into hibernation mode!

It was such a wonderful feeling, sharing him with the people we love!


So, at first, I wasn't thinking I would be bringing Bekah to Benjamin's party, since it was smack dab in the middle of her naptime, but after talking to Christy about how her girls would be there, I couldn't keep Bekah away from such fun! And it's a good thing I brought her, because here she is, running around in the ducky costume that Christy and I wore in a dance recital when we were HER age! Oh my, it's amazing moments like that, that almost take my breath away!

Kara, Kate and Bekah:
Christy's mom used to take care of me when I was 3, and here is the next generation!
I sure wish Bekah could play with these girls the way I got to play with their mama, but they live all the way up in Ft. Worth. . .

Benjamin and Miss Christy, it was love at first sight! : )

My precious hostesses:
Mary Pat, Christy and Cassie : )


We joked that we should take another pic, with Benjamin's mommy holding him, Christy wasn't going to let go easily!

Thanks to all the friends and family who came  out to meet Mr. Benjamin, I was so touched that so many people came to the sip and see!
And thanks again to my sweet friends Cassie, Christy and Mary Pat!
( Congrats to Mary Pat on the arrival of Gwyneth Mae and as you can see, Cassie is expecting too, in March!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful Jenny and Benjamin is adorable!!!!!

Carla said...

Love Baby Benjamin! Such a sweetie :)