Sunday, June 10, 2012

7 months


Dear Ben- Jammin,
That's what Bekah likes to call you sometimes, thanks to Grandpa and Uncle Jeff's influence! : ) Happy 7 Months! And yes, for those of you who are good with dates, don't be fooled, he just turned 8 months yesterday! This mama needs to get crackin on her blogging!
Speaking of which, the day of his 7 month birthday was spent at the beach in FL ( not such a bad birthday!) but this frazzled mommmy completely forgot about it and so, here we go! A picture of him ON his 7 month birthday, eating sand! Aren't kids supposed to "try" it and then, realize how much they don't like it and then, stop eating it??? Not this kid! He LOVED eating sand! Which posed for a problem, I couldn' sit him down unless I wanted him to get a mouthful! Funny guy!

 So, what have you been up to this month?
You are sitting up like a champ, you love watching the world with your confident stature! Bekah thinks of you more as a playmate, now that you can sit and play with toys while she plays with hers. If you happen to grab a toy that she especially cares about, she has learned to kindly replace it with another toy, and the system has worked well!
Here you are sitting up and playing in your Easter bubble! I thought you looked super cute, though there was a person at church who thought you were a girl! Good thing daddy didn't hear . . .  : )
We like to sit outside and watch the neighbors play baseball, as long as the mosquitoes don't get to the best of you!
( I should do an Easter post, but if I didn't, here's an Easter pic at least!)



You started drinking out of a sippy cup and you like it! I think it makes your gums feel better.

Taking baths with Bekah are still as fun as ever!
And you are such a big boy in your high chair! No longer are we using the bumbo!
And Big Sister Bekah helps to make your food , and LOVES to feed it to you too! She is turning into one great big helper! The other day, I had to unload the groceries and get them in the fridge, but you were one tired and hungry boy, so i sat you in the high chair, handed bekah a spoon and some yogurt, and she took it away! The groceries didn't get hot AND you got your food, all over your face AND in your tummy! : )
You met your daddy's high school BFF, Andrew!
Wish we saw this special guy more : ).


This is one of my favorite smiles that you have, so hopeful and sweet! You are such a smiley boy and you are so easily amused, making me feel like the funniest girl you know! : ) And trust me, there are SO many other funnier ladies that you know, but you will learn that soon enough!

Just like your sister, you are one heck of a teether! Everyone knows you are teething from the drool hanging off your chin, from your "eventful nights" and from how you put everytihng in your mouth! But, we get through it, I mean, who needs sleep when I wake up to a face like yours??? 

Yes, sweet boy, we end up "sleep training" you a whole lot more than your sister! I guess you just need a bit more "direct teaching" ( remember that term all you teachers??) than she did!

But the day times are fun, it's been great, having you sit up! It's like you are playing with us! We love to sit in Bekah's room and play pretend with her. You are always a "character", she never wants you to feel left out! You have been Prince Charming, Prince Phillop, Mickey, Little Brother, Baby Brother, Baby Moses and even Jesus, teehee! Those times when we all play together are so sweet and special to me, I try to live in the moment and appreciate the blessing that it is!

Sleeping is pretty touch and go, some nights you sleep from 8 to 5, others, 7 to 7, but you always seem to wake up in between and need a passy replacement or to be shushed. I don't nurse you at all at night and try to push you until 5 at the earliest to nurse. You had been going from 8 to 4 ish and after sleep training you at 4, you have skipped over that night time waking and can sooth yourself and if anything, just need your passy.
You take 3 naps a day, many times your 2nd is at the same time as Bekah's which I appreciate. They are no longer than an hour though.

Your gramommy loves to look at you and say how much you look like your daddy. I couldn't agree more! I love seeing your daddy in you! You two sure are handsome, if I do say so myself! 
Every week we go to dance class for Bekah and the mommies sit around with their kiddos in the lobby area. It's alot of fun, a built in playdate for you! I love the time I spend with you and these sweet mommy friends, Val and Catherine. You love your time with James and Lauren as well!

More than anything though, you LOVE your time with your sister! She and daddy are your number 1's and I can't nurse you if they are in the room, they are just too much fun! Speaking of nursing, you nurse about 5-6 times a day with 2 meals a day. Oh and you still fall asleep nursing, which is I know, fleeting as well.
There is so much more to say about you dear boy, I still get butterflies when I come to get you in the morning, I miss you so much when I am not with you! I love your snuggles, your smiles, your laughter and your sweetness! I probably kiss you about 100 times a day and I love that after I kiss you on one cheek, you turn your head and are ready for the other side, you get so many kisses, you know the routine!
Happy 7 Months Benjamin!

4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

you got some great pics of benjamin at 7 months! love this age- sitting is the best.

Unknown said...

He is adorable Jenny!!!! So cute!!!!!

Mary Pat said...

I can't believe he's already sitting up! I love the picture of him on the blanket in the front yard...and all of the ones of him in Bekah's room! He's so handsome!!!

Unknown said...

He is so big and adorable! I miss y'all!