Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 Months Old Already!


Bekah turned 4 months old last Sunday, so, today, she is 4 months and a week!
Each month seems to trump the previous one in fun and development, here is what she has been up to:

First of all, when thinking about her outfit for her 4 month pic, I decided since she just moved up to the #2 Pampers, maybe she should have a diaper pic! She doesn't have enough of them because I enjoy dressing her up so much, I sometimes forget, these pics are just as cute, if not cuter! She smiles so much now, we can finally get them on camera!


We had her 4 month doctor's visit last Tuesday and even though I was sad to say goodbye to our very laid back Austin Pediatrician, this new doctor is her best friend from med school, so I feel good about it, especially after meeting her.
Her stats are:
weight:13.7- 50%
height:25 1/2-90%
and as you can see here, she is one very long girl, especially when she points her toes, which she seems to do alot these days! Miss Paige, we are getting ready for your dance class!
( I know, she isn't pointing them in the picture, I'll have to get one of her doing that : ))

I was so excited about going in to see her new doctor, find out her weight, hear about how she is doing, until the day before, when I realized that shots are always involved and that's never fun! Thanks to some good advice from friends, I timed it so that she would need to eat around the time that the appointment might be over so the minute she got the shots, the doctor left and I was able to nurse her and she was fine, I just loved being able to comfort her and make everything better.

After the shots, we met up with Evie and Mary Pat at the Children's Museum to help celebrate Evie's first birthday! As always, we had fun with those two girls and Bekah was happy to be around friends to take her mind off of that silly doctor's visit.
Happy Birthday Evie!
Bekah's been a great sleeper at night and a great napper during the daytime, probably because she has been so active lately! She likes to play in her exersaucer/piano, which is very close to daddy's piano, I am thinking they are going to be playing lots of music together!She is standing up and putting all of her weight on her legs, only needing me for balance!
She is doing lots of reading with daddy and really does love it! She can't take her eyes off the book and often times, tries to grab it! I can tell a huge difference in her attention too, when it is a sing songy Dr. Seuss book, those are her favorite.
Remember how I staged her foot holding? Well, the very next week, she was grabbing them on her own and instantly putting them in her mouth! So cute!

Her and Charlie are continuing to get to know one another, a little too much in this picture! I didn't get to him fast enough to keep him from giving her a big kiss! But, she always smiles at him and sometimes, if she is fussy, I just call Charlie and he comes to make her smile!

Daddy has been one busy doctor this month, so when he comes home, we try to make every moment count! Sometimes, he will get home from work and go to kiss Miss Bekah first and I have to remind him that I was his first love! : ) Teehee!

So just this week she has delighted us with her talking! She will listen to you talk, then, she will slowly open her mouth like she is about to yawn, only a few seconds later, the sweetest and softest little "ooooh" comes out as she keeps her mouth open, it's like she is singing ! And then, you say something back, she will watch you carefully, gather her thoughts slowly and do another version of a vowel sound, real slowly and purposefully. And the sound is not the nasal sound she has been making, but a voice like sound. It's like a real true conversation, where she really does wait for you to finish, think about what she wants to say, says it and then it starts back over again! She has such a look of intent and sweetness on her face,
it seriousley melts my heart!
More conversations with dad:

In the evenings when the things that worked during the daytime don't seem to cut it, do you know what works for her almost every time? Frank Sinatra! We turn on the IPod and do some waltzing around the kitchen and voila, the girl is soothed!
For me, these are the moments when I get chills, holding my baby and dancing with her.
And then, when mommy and daddy need to eat, the bouncer does not work the way it used to, on the floor. See, she now wants to be apart of the conversation and has to be RIGHT there with us! When we realized that was all she needed, to be up high, we were so happy that we could still eat dinner together!
Other things I loved about her 4th month:
-the sigh she makes when she is finally letting herself fall asleep on our shoulder as we are rocking her or dancing with her
- how i can lay her down in her crib now, awake, and she will fall asleep for naps!
(but as you can tell from the first one, we haven't let go of that completely, we love rocking/swaying her to sleep!)
- sitting her on my lap outside as we watch Charlie play in the back yard
- she now sits in her stroller like a big girl, without the dreaded car seat
- and speaking of the car seat, it's actually getting better! Thanks to daddy's removal of the positioner, she can turn her head from side to side now AND of course, that blessed Ocean Sounds CD that we got from Cassie and Christy is, as Zack put it, "SOLID GOLD!" It works about 80% of the time, which is sooo much better than where we started!
- her long morning nap, it's about 1 1/2 to 2 hours now! thank you for this mommy time bekah!
- and, as always her smile! she's been doing this for awhile now, where she will smile at you, then look away bashfully as she is still smiling and it is the cutest thing!
Happy 4 Month Birthday Bekah Baby! I love you so much sweet thing!










































3 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Such a sweet post Jenny!! I love how you write out your favorite memories from the month. And those pictures with the bunny and the big yellow bow are adorable!

Anonymous said...

The bashful smile is my FAVORITE! So sweet, I love it! :) Can't wait to see you both again soon! :)

Carla said...

Great update! We miss you guys!