Monday, August 3, 2009

My Daddy's Birthday

We went to San Antonio to celebrate Zack's birthday, see my grandpa and go to our cousin's baptisms. It was a fabulous weekend in our hometown!
Here is Bekah, presenting daddy with his first birthday gift from his daughter.
Bekah wraps all her gifts up in pink, regardless of if you are a girl or not.


Family Birthday Pic, and yes, I know, Bekah is "rewearing" an outfit that I think has shown up on the blog more than once. But I love it so much and she is going to grow out of it! One of the few downfalls of blogging, you can't get away with wearing the same outfit twice!

Going back to SA for ones birthday, in Zack's world means: sleeping late, going to Ruths' Chris for dinner, playing catch with his dad and, playing his parents' piano.
Bekah could only participate in the latter : ).
She was very interested! Hmm . . good sign that she got some of her daddy's talent genes I hope!

Zack did not get the day off from the Daddy Swing even though it was his birthday, but as usual, it worked! Lately, her toys have been keeping her happy in the car as well.

It was important to me that we see my grandpa again. He is almost 94 years old and look at him, he is playing and clapping with Bekah!

She couldn't take her eyes off of her one and only great grandparent!

It turns out that Bekah and I had this one hour window of when Daddy was gone shopping and my grandpa was not having visitors, so I quickly called my friend Shelby to see if she was home so we could stop by for her to meet Bekah, and she was!
Shelby was the last of my best friends from dance team that Bekah needed to meet and
I'm so happy that Bekah got to finally meet Shelby and her family before she heads back up to law school at the end of the month.
Never knowing what color Bekah's hair will be, we often wonder if it could be red! Well, sitting here with these two pretty redheads ( that is Shelby's sister, Ashley, who is pregnant!)
probably made her want to be a red head! We will see!

Whenever Bekah is with Grandma Lenore, who used to be an OT, she always learns new developmental exercises. Here, she is working on grabbing.
Thanks grandma for all that you teach me and my mommy!
Bekah and I in our Baptism attire:
Now, I have been teased about this in the past, and let me just say, I did not plan this, but look! It's a mommy and me outfit! When I realized that we were both wearing yellow dresses, with white accents, I have to say, I was secretly pleased! I have always wanted to have a little girl and have one, just one, matching outfit . . I wish that was still cool : ), because we would be all over that trend : ). Anyways, Zack happened to be wearing yellow too! And when I pointed it out to him (something I should not have done!) he quickly changed in the nick of time!
Mackenzie May, eating her yummy baptism cake : ). Smart mommy to take the clothes off before cake time : ).
Cute little Kolby, Bekah's other cousin being baptized.
Mandi ( Kolby's mom) and Alexis ( Mackenzie's mom) opening the baptism gifts.

Mackenzie wanted to try on Bekah's headband, I think Bekah and I are going to have to make her a headband of her own, it looked so good on her!

Bekah with her sweet great auntie, Robin : ). She loved being held by this super grandma : ).
We just can't keep those hands out of her mouth these days,
but I think it makes for a cute picture.

And now for one of my favorite pictues in the whole wide world! Since this post is in honor of the best daddy and hubby Bekah and I could ever ask for, I wanted to put this picture up of . . .
Zack and I in preschool together!!!!!!!
First of all, sorry I couldn't change the angle, couldn't figure that out. But see, Zack and I both went to Coker Methodist, along with so many of our bff's, and one of my best friends, Stephanie, gave me this picture just this year because we are both in it. It wasn't until I had looked at it for a few minutes did I realize, that little boy in the right hand corner, is ZACK! My future husband!
Oh gosh, I just treasure this picture! Little did I know that I would soon marry that "hottie" in the back row!
At the time, none of us knew Zack because he was in a different class too! We all knew each other, but not him. So it never dawned on me that we could have a picture together, his class must be sitting right on the edge of ours or something. . .
So, I'm in red turned around, Stephanie's in white to the left of me, Addie is in front in white, Christy is in back of her in yellow, Shelby is in the back row in blue and then, that ADORABLE little blondie looking out into the distance, THAT is Bekah's daddy and my incredible hubby!
Makes you wonder when Bekah and all of her sweet little friend are going to meet
their true loves??? : )
We love you sooooo much daddy!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my gosh, that elementary picture is adorable of all of you. What a small world you two were in there together! SOOOO very precious!

Carla said...

So glad you got to visit with your grandfather Jenny :) AND I love the matching yellow! I tend to do that with mine and Izzie's clothes without even noticing sometimes too. And happy birthday to Dr. Zack! Glad you guys had such a great visit!

rebekah l. louis said...

Glad Zack had a good birthday!! And so special that you got to see your grandfather!