Things were going fine until BOOM! While we were all sitting in a circle, we hear trouble down below! And sure enough, we look down at Bekah who is sitting in my lap and there it is, her diaper spillilng over! I ask Mary Pat and Robyn what I should do, run to the bathroom while leaving a suspicious "trail" behind us or try to do damage control right then and there??? ( Notice all the kids in the background of the pic, it was a hoppin place that day!) So in order to keep the mess to a minimum for the other kids sake, we opt to change it right then and there. With their sweet help, we did the gross deed and Bekah would soon be wearing a new, but slightly not as cute outfit. And for me? That was my first clue to start bringing a change of clothes for myself!
But not before she was dressed did an employee from the museum come over and tell me that she has had some reports and would like me to change her in the bathroom! Well, shoot, if I COULD have, I WOULD have! Gosh, that was the whole problem, I couldn't make it to the bathroom without creating an even BIGGER problem! With a mixture of disbelief, embarressment and a slightly defensive tone, I told her how I certainly would have and how sorry I was that I was unable to. And then, she walks away, not looking any more sympathetic than when she first walked over! But y'all, all the ladies there were either moms or nannies, I just can't believe that Bekah and I got "tattled on" when I am sure SOMETHING like that has happened to them too?? Where's the motherhood bond of understanding there??
And then, to make matters worse, the same employee walked over a few minutes later and asked everyone to leave the area so she could sanitize it! Of course, in my head she said, "Attention, please evacuate the building, there has been a diaper explosion!"
So, Bekah and I left the scene of the crime, with our heads hung low . . . hmmm . . . we have not been back since . . . who knows how often our membership cards will be used now : ).
Diaper Explosion #2
Setting: Your friendly neighborhood HEB
Embarressing Rating: 7
So I took Bekah grocery shopping and was excited to use the babyjeep again because the first time went so well. Towards the end of the trip, a lady walks up to Bekah and touches her foot to say what a cute baby she is. I look down at her hand out of habit because I am not the biggest fan of strangers touching her and what do we both see but her poopy diaper running down her leg! I look up at the lady dumbfounded as she points behind me and I see a TRAIL of it starting at the beginning of the card isle! Ahhh! I didn't know what to do, it was all over me, all over HEB, all over Bekah AND the stranger's hand! Luckily, the stranger was actually an employee, who was not as flustered as I was so she took charge! She called the clean up crew to get to isle 15 STAT and then asks me if she wants me to watch my cart full of my soon to be melting food like the icecream. The only thing is my diaper bag is in the car, I never bring it into the grocery store, it's too much to deal with! Well, I learned my lesson! She watches my cart and they clean up the isle while Bekah and I try to walk to the car without leaving an even longer trail! I get to the bathroom with my bag to only realize, my diaper bag is fresh out of diapers! Hmm . . could it be that I used my last one at the musuem??? So, I desperately look around the bathroom at the people there, see another lady in red ( HEB employee) tell her my dilema and ask her to go grab a bag of diapers! I guess that was nice, to have an explosion in a store that sells diapers! She gets them for me, Bekah is fresh and clean (mommy, not so much)and I am hoping the babyjeep is covering up any spots and we go to get our cart. Along the way, one of the men who cleaned up the isle saw me said, "Is your baby okay??" Teehee, I was like, gosh, are YOU okay, having to clean such a mess up?! : ) I thought that was nice of him : ).
So, all in all, our neighborhood HEB still passed the test of "friendliness" for all their great help and Bekah and I made it out okay. My car now has an extra pair of clothes for me, in prep for the future one, for I am sure there will be some more! And Bekah can now officially say, she has left her mark on Houston! Ha! We have only been here for 4 months!
And I always like to have an "illustration" to go with my posts, so I had to choose between two, the one that definately shows an "action shot" of a diaper explosion that took place at the ranch that my friend Rebekah so kindly captured : ), or one that can sort of redeem Bekah, for this is quite the embarressing post, a cute one of her sitting up!
I decided to be nice and respectful and only talk about her explosion not show it, so here is my little girl sitting up by herslf looking oh so cute and poop free! It just wouldn't have been "proper" to show it!
8 comments:
I'm rethinking my visit??? Or maybe I should just pack like 5 outfits per day???:)Just kidding! Oh, Jenny, don't you know these will be the stories that you tell ehr to embarass her later:) I can't wait to get my hands on this little pooper:)
love that you documented such monumental occasions! so proud of bekah sitting up!
Jenny,
You poor brave woman. As a first time mom you have done wonderfully with the diaper explosion drama. It cracks me up that you blogged it.
I love the embarrassment rating scale!
HILARIOUS! I am completely accustomed to Bekah's Blowouts and have even been present during one but that didn't stop me from laughing out loud while reading this post. Nice documentation for future humiliation!!! :0)
i think you need to switch back to standard, plastic/cotton diapers, jenny! :/
love it!!! awesome retelling and love the embarrassment scale! hilarious! isnt it great how these guys keep us on our toes always teaching US the lessons! :) cute pic choice too!! way to go Rebekah!! :)
Too funny! Hope the blowouts get contained soon! :) We still have them occasionally over here. Once she starts eating more solids it will get better.
Post a Comment