Friday, May 14, 2010

Busy Weekend

The weekend that we met Eliana, we were in Austin so I could throw my future cousin in law a bridal shower with my mom and Aunt Rani : ). We were able to stay at the Frowlow B&B (Aunt Pam's) and it was right at the tail end of Bekah's virus and she couldn't have been feeling happier or healthier with them in their pretty house! Here she is checking out the Micky Mouse Pancake made from the Kirby Lane mix that Pam whipped up for her, yum!
Throwing a shower in another city, with a baby,but without your hubby to watch your baby was interesting, but we did it, and the shower was a success! It was a luncheon and we had strawberries and dip, cheese and crackers,

chicken Salad sandwiches, spinach salad and Rebekah's famous Tomato Basil Soup.
The punch would not be complete without champagne . . .
And don't you love these pitchers from Crate and Barrel for water? We had the shower at Aunt Pam's and it sure was fun rummaging around another person's kitchen for serving ware and platters : ).
We decided to decorate with mainly flowers and I put Rani in charge of that. She did such a great job! I bought some fabric to accent with as well:
The party favors were pears that had a note on them that said, "Ryan and Allegra are the perfect pear!" I got this idea from a shower that Cassie and Christy threw me when I was married. It worked well with this shower because it was a recipe shower, all about food!

A close up of the tag,

Guest book sign in table: If you zoom in to that little card sticking up in back of the guest book you will see another one of Rani's great ideas. The card says, "please sign in" and what Rani thought to do was turn these clothespins that I had already attached bows to for another project, upside down and stick cards in them so we could label the food and give directions to the guests such as this! I LOVED her new idea and it won't be the last time I use it!
Georgina was such a great big help at the shower, both working in the kitchen and helping me watch Bekah!


Many of my family members enjoying their lunch: Allegra's mom, Mrs. Hobbs, Rani, Allegra, my Mom, Betty Jean and Kath:
Even though Allegra asked for it to be a recipe shower and Allegra asked me not to put her registry on the invite, people showed up with presents none the less! She just opened them up after the guests were all gone.

The invite actually had a place for you to write your recipe and tear it off, so after consulting shower extraordinaire, Rebekah, she said I should display them to only add to the decorations!

I attached matching bows to each clothespin and then when the guests came, they hung theirs up,


It turned out really cute! After that, we also had the guests write on recipe cards, what they thought some of the "ingredients" for a great marriage were : ).


The bride to be, Allegra and her cake:


The two mothers: Pam-mother of the groom, Mrs. Hobbs- mother of the bride:


I thought Kath and Rani looked so pretty in their red and blue dresses!


The Happy Couple, Allegra and Ryan:


Bekah had fun with her MayMay that weekend!


And with Aunt Rani! Thanks again for helping me out guys so I could go meet Eliana!
Throwing showers is so much fun for me, I really enjoyed throwing this one with my mom and future sister in law, one day Bekah will be joining in on the fun!

The Frolows and the Hobbs:


After the shower was over and I had gone to see Eliana, Bekah and I woke up super early so we could head back to Houston to make it back in time for Barrett's 3rd Birthday Party at Jump in Jungle!



Robyn did a great job getting the party ready! Gotta love the parties at public places like this, where all you basically need to do is show up!

We had fun driving down there ( and as always, getting lost in Pearland!) with Mary Pat and Evie!

My little one, what a busy bee she was that weekend! After the party, we even had a block party to get to!

We sure love hanging out with our playgroup friends : ).


Birthday parties just get more and more fun for Bekah as she can do more and more new things!



Miss Evie striking a pose!


And the birthday boy! Barrett getting ready to make his wish!


I think this is such a cute picture of the family, with both mom and dad joining in!



It was a great weekend that we spent together, but we sure missed daddy! It felt WONDERDFUL to bring a healthy girl back home to see our daddy!



(and sorry if I went on and on about the shower details, but I just love looking at other blogs for party ideas and I wanted to share this recipe shower idea with y'all!)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

great job with the shower jenny (and company!)! It was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity! You have so many ideas--you need to incorporate them into a party-planning book (you know, in all of your spare time when you're not being a mom or planning parties for people:)).

rebekah l. louis said...

you did it again- another great shower! and as always, i love seeing evie & bekah, and you & mary pat having fun together :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Pat said...

The shower was so cute! I loved that the invitation had the detachable recipe card!

Evie and I had a great time getting lost with you girls in Pearland!! : )

Sarah said...

beautiful shower, jenny! love the pears and the recipe "garland" on the fireplace. success!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenny! You took so many great pictures documenting the shower! I totally missed that you took that pictures in the whirlwind of it all, haha - Allegra will be so thankful to have such great pictures to look back on! You're so great at hosting! And so sweet/gracious for your comments on my flowers and clothespin idea...all were inspired by you! I learned so much from you on being a shower host and am so thankful to have a future sister-in-law that I can learn from and look up to. :) You are such a wonderful person Jenny! I love being around you and love that we will soon be family! I am so lucky! PS - I stole the picture of you, Sandy, Bekah and I so I could have my own copy...love it!