Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dallas Bound, Once Again!

With so many of our favorite friends up there, we can't stay away from Dallas for too long, Bekah and I had to head up there for two super important events and some important people!
The reason we headed up there in the first place was Brinley's First Birthday Party! Now, not only was this party sooo special because of who it was for, it was pretty much the cutest little birthday party I have ever been to! I mean, there was not a single detail that was not embellished with something Watermelon or Brinley, it was sooo impressive, and even more so, sweet to see how much love her mommy put into her party! Amy is a pro party planner and she was "at the top of her game" that day!
Playing the "single parent" at the birthday party doesn't exactly lend itself to picture taking, so to see all the great details, click on:
I did my best to take pictures of Brinley and all the people who love her though, including Amy and Rocky her parents that are "one in a melon!"


Here is the birthday girl dressed from head to toe in pink and green watermelon gear, eating none other than, a watermelon!

Teehee, this watermelon kept Bekah happy for atleast 10 minutes while mommy chatted with her greatly missed Dallas friends and kids. ( I did notice though that I had to keep a good eye on her, she thought that the green part wasn't half bad and from time to time, I had to help her "stay the course" with the red part!)

Bekah insisted on sitting next to the birthday girl while eating her watermelon:
( she also insisted on wearing her watermelon outfit that her gramommy gave her, but you can't tell in the pics)
Ava, being the active girl that she is, had to "travel" while eating her watermelon, and double fisting it, at that!
And once you eat your watermelon, the best way to wash off all that stickyness is to jump in the pool! Great idea to have the kiddie pool out!

Bekah kept her eye on that handsome Henry:
And Ava decided to teach Bekah how to eat goldfish, so sweet!

Isn't this a gorgeous mommy daughter pic of these two? Margaret Gray is growing up before my eyes and it breaks my heart that I can't be there all the time to watch her!
Kara and Kate came in their pretty matching outfits, I love the way Christy dresses them! At first, Bekah was concerned about not spending enough "quality time" with these two girls when I reminded her that she would be spending the night with them in just a few days!
Bekah and I with our friends:
Vaughanie and Ava, Amy and the birthday girl and Rebekah and Margaret Gray.
It was a great party and everyone had a wonderful time celebrating Brinley!
( really guys, you have to click on the link to checkout the party details!)
After the party, Bekah and I stopped by to visit with Kim and Carlos and their little girl, Alexis Daniele, who will be turining 2 in August!
I honestly had to try to remember how old she really was when I was there because she was so mature with such a large vocabulary! Figures, with the Kim, the kinder teacher extroidinare as her mama! For a minute there, I wondered if I had lost a year and that she was really turning 3!
Bekah learned alot from her during our (too) short visit, including some pilates moves : ).
Next stop, the William's Beautiful B&B! : ) Now, why I didn't take more pics of the fun time we had with Sharon and Karson, I don't know, but I realized the next morning while Bekah was watching Praise Baby with Sharon, I needed to capture at least one sweet moment! Special thanks goes to Karson for his excellent grilling and his sweet attention towards Bekah, those two sure have a heart for children!
After that, we high tailed it to Fort Worth in time to throw Christy her Baby Shower! It was a Spa Shower where everyone there got pedicures,
chatted with great friends,
and watched Christy open up lots of blue, a new color in her princess household!
Christy, as well as being my best friend, you are one of the best mommies I know! I am continually learning from you and being inspired by you and it will be no different when Baby Boy Overstreet comes along! You really are amazing!
So you know what Kameron ( Christy's hubby) was doing while all of us were at the spa? Taking care of 3 girls, under the age of 4, and doing a great job of it at that! Thanks Kam'ron : ) for babysitting Bekah, just like Christy, you are one impressive parent!We were so lucky to get to spend the night with our friends. There, we got to do alot of girlie things, like have dance parties, DJed by Kara.
Bekah loved being surrounded by dolllies, cell phone and plenty of dress up clothes.
Possibly the "girliest" thing we did was reinact the Cinderella story. Did you know that Kate puts on a "Cinderella Show" each night with her family and tells them what part they will play and what they will say? She is like a Stephen Speilberg and Julia Roberts rolled up in one! It was fun to see Kate shine with her creativity and intelligenceOh, and Bekah also learned how much fun mattress jumping can be.
The Overstreets already have so much fun, it will be neat to see the way that a little "prince charming" will make this family even more colorful and special!

Thanks for a great time Overstreets! We can't wait to meet your newest addition in just a few months!

The next day, we were very excited to get to see our super sweet friends Caleb and Julie again! Bekah had a wonderful time eating lunch with Caleb and switching gears from the Overstreet Fairy Castle, (teehee!) to playing with all things boy, like balls and trucks! And I can't believe how smart and big Caleb is getting! Thanks for lunch, but we sure wish we could have spent more time you with you guys!
I meant to take a picture of my friend Casey in her new home, we went there next, to play and nap. Guess I got distracted by her room full of stationary ( yes, literally a room full of free stationary!) that she let me go "shopping in!" Thanks again Casey!
For dinner we met my sweet roomie from college, Brandi for dinner at one of our favorite places, Fireside Pies! We used to go there all the time with our other roomie Megha, I loved those dinners of ours during medical school : ). We had the best time catching up, but we sure did miss you Megha! Hopefully we will be seeing you in NO sometime in the fall, right??? : )
Okay, so I just had to throw in another pretty pic of the Louis' to give them a little shout out. See, we were supposed to stay with them that night, but Mr. Henry was sick! We were SOO bummed to not get to spend more time with them and Rebekah and I have decided that Henry and Bekah are just "lovesick" for one anther because everytime we try to get them together, one of them gets sick! Agh! We aren't giving up though! We are going to see you Louis' sooner or later! : )
And so, what did Bekah do once her "boyfriend" turned her out on the streets ( teehee, just kidding Rebekah!), but call her best good friend Ava for a slumber party! We didn't think we were going to see Ava much that weekend because she too was supposed to have visitors, but it turns out that they had room for us at their house so what do you know, some bonus Ava time! It all worked out so wonderfully to get to spend some extra time with them! I love watching those girls play together . . . Thanks again Seamans for being so hospitable and inviting!
Thanks to everyone for keeping us and spending time with us! I wish we could have seen everyone in Dallas, but as I said before, we won't be gone for long! : )

4 comments:

Amy Mc said...

Thanks for coming all that way for us (and many others) :0) I know it's hard to travel alone but you do a great job of it! You are precious friends!

Cassie said...

wow! what a weekend Jenny!! you are a super woman...not like I didnt already know that! :) now I need a nap! haha

Carla said...

looks like you had a blast! I'm with cassie though, i need a nap too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.