Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Blinded by my battle with blogger to upload her talking video, I almost forgot an important post, our trip to San Antonio during Memorial Day Weekend!

It felt wonderful to be back in the hill country again, surrounded by friends and family, with my "pager-less" hubby by my side!


With a 3 day weekend off, a new baby to see and a family party to go to, there was no reason not to head down to our hometown : ).

One order of business, my cousin Luke's 30th birthday party! It was basically a no children sort of party, but Bekah made her apperance so she could see some of her San Antonio family members that she loves so much:


I don't know how I ended up not getting a picture of Luke and the hostess with the mostess, his wife Mandi, but I did get pics of the other cousin's that made their apperance before being taken home to babysitters such as Kolby:

And Blake, the birthday boy's two cute sons : ). We had a great time celebrating with our fun family! ( let's just say that it had been awhile since Zack and I had played beer pong!)


Having a whole 3 days off was such a treat for daddy, he took advantage by catching up on some sleep!
Only Bekah and I couldn't get enough of him and we had a hard time being without him for just s second!!

Bekah had fun getting reaquainted with the pool for the season in pop and grandmommy's backyard pool,


and for awhile there it was looking like it might be tricky getting Bekah to feel comfortable in a pool this summer,


but after 3 days of playing, and some added support this week at our neighborhood pool,

I am thinking we have a water baby!

One of the reason's I wanted to come down ASAP was to meet Bekah's newest friend, Andrew Bass! I have been wanting to meet him for over a month now, waaaay too long if you ask me! It was so special to meet this little boy that along with Eliana, we had been praying for for so long : ).


This precious little boy just made this darling family of 3 a fabulous family of 4!

Carla looked WONDERFUL and Izzie was as pretty and fun as could be!
Even their "5th" member of their family was impressing me! Did you know that their sweet dog Lucky, was carrying that very rock you see there in his MOUTH??? It was so funny to see such a tiny dog waltzing around with that big ol "boulder" hanging out of his mouth!


I could have taken pictures all day of this sweet little boy, but as I soon found out, taking a toddler over to a dear friend's house to meet her new baby does not lend itself to all the quality time in the world ,with the one you really want to hold!



Bekah had so much fun with Izzie though and it would have been sad for me as well if those two friends wouldn't have been able to spend some much needed : ) time together : ). I wish I would have gotten a better shot of her dress too, it was the cutest shirt dress! That Izzie sure knows how to dress!

It was a special treat to have Paige come too, she is such a great Auntie to all of our kids and really has a way with children!


A weekend with Aunt Sarah is not complete without a photo shoot, here are some of my favorites:
Seriousely, what AM I going to do without our family photographer hanging around next year??





I love all the walking shots she got of Bekah, definitely capturing the stage of life that we are in, I always see that cute little bootie of hers toddling away to where SHE wants to go!

Thanks again Sarah for always catching the best "Bekah moments" , we are proud of you, but sure will miss you next year! ( Sarah is going to Seminary school in August up in St. Louis)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. Those pictures of B are too cute!!

Carla said...

Thanks for the shout out Jenn! We had so much fun visiting with you guys and miss you already :(

Sarah said...

ack, the heart strings! im going to miss you guys sooooo much. but never fear. flexible student schedule means LOTS of trips to houston for me and the camera :-)

rebekah l. louis said...

great pic of you and zack! can't wait to see bekah "toddling" in person!

Mary Pat said...

What a fun weekend!! Sarah's pictures are so cute - you have so many great ones of Bekah walking!