Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Bekah Bits

Look, Aunt Sarah finally caught some smiles on the still camera!
This past week was definately the week of the "social smile," making it one of my favorite mommy weeks so far, I can actually feel my heart melting when she smiles back at me!
Yesterday, I actually got my first "good morning smile" when I went to get her in her crib first thing in the morning!
Thanks so much for these pictures Sarah!

I love this profile pic! And I promise, she is not completely naked , her big 'ol belly just flops over the diaper and you can't see it! : ) See, she is the happiest after she eats ( which she does so with only a diaper on because she will fall asleep if she gets too warm and cozy!) , so we always put her up in her boppy and try to get as many smiles out of her as we can. She needs to stay upright for a good 20 minutes to help her not spit up so much, so it is only after that time, that I lay her flat to get her dressed for the day : ).


I think I must hear it every day, how quickly our children grow up, so this has been Bekah's most popular location these days, mommy or daddy's shoulder! I just can't put her down!





We went to dinner with our good friends, Beth and Drew a few nights ago. Of course, Bekah, knowing what HUGE Longhorn fans they are, insisted that she wear her Longhorn jersey that her Grandpa and May May gave her.




Due to the fact that she is quite the baldie these days, we had to balance out the boyish jersey with a bow, or else people would really think she was a boy then!

Bekah had her 2nd trip to Starbucks the other day to meet one of my students that I taught in Dallas a few years ago, Noelle. Being her Kinder teacher, I can't believe that Noelle is now in 2nd grade! It was so thoughtful of Noelle and her mother to meet up with us, they were here in Austin for a wedding : ). I enjoyed seeing this lovely mother/daughter pair, I love to watch mothers and daughters these days : ).





Bekah had her first trip to Barnes and Noble the other day, definately a Burkhart Family Favorite! It was here that daddy got to use the Baby Jeep ( the cheaper version of the Bjourn) for the first time, he loved it! Now, I have my sling and he has the Jeep!
Since we read to Bekah every night, Zack decided we needed to beef up her collection of books with some of his favorites, Dr. Seuss! We are going to try to make it a tradition, to have her pick out books on her birthdays, and since her two month is Tuesday, we decided to head over there early. Of course, Daddy did the choosing this time.




She was wide awake for about 5 minutes in that thing and then she conked out! I think she loved it as much as her daddy did!



Bekah got to see her friend Emerson one more time before we move because her mommy and I had some mommy relaxation time and got pedicures while,the daddies stayed home with the sleeping angels and babysat!
Emerson is a month old now : ).
So precious!























5 comments:

Unknown said...

OM Gosh she is already changing so much and we haven't got to meet her yet.

Mary Pat said...

Such cute pictures!! I love the one of Rebekah and Zack in the Jeep carrier. Ryan would take Evie for a walk in ours every night and she would fall asleep within minutes!! I think those carriers are great for dads to wear...and they get to have their special time with the baby.

rebekah l. louis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebekah l. louis said...

zack? mustache?

Kristen said...

haha, my favorite picture is the one of zack reading bekah a book while she is clearly conked out in the carrier! great update Jenny! I love to see pictures of that cutie potutie Bekah! We can't wait to see you next week!