Thursday, October 22, 2009

Everything's Better With Bekah : )

This week was so special because it was my first birthday as a mommy! Thank you to all of my family and friends for the birthday dinners/lunches/cards/flowers/phone calls/prayers and presents. You guys are the best and I am so blessed to have y'all: ).



Most of all though, I want to thank my little girl, for making it my most favorite birthday yet, just being with her all day long was all I needed for my birthday! (And of course, with daddy that night!) It was one of the many times I have thought, "Everything's better with Bekah!"



It just happened to be that the very week of my birthday, my super duper sister in law offered to take some 6 month pics of Bekah! It was the perfect thing to do, capture memories with Bekah and capture those Bekah faces that I know all too well!



So we got some outfits coordinated, went down to a park and let Aunt Sarah do her magic!



Outfit #1- Bekah Ballarina



(thanks Amy for her tutu!)



Her serious, yet sweet look:




A peek a boo smile!







A "what was that?" look that usually is followed by some grabbing:




Her, "I just cried, but I'm considering happiness again" look:



A "no thank you" look, here I think she is saying no thank you to the tulle or the grass:








Whatever she is saying no thank you to, it sure is helping her to keep her hands up, making her look so poised and dainty, just as a ballarina should look!








Aunt Sarah did such a beautiful job photshopping!










Teehee, here, it looks like she is waving!

Her knowing smile : )








Her surprise look that she often gives Charlie when he kisses her:










Her "Daddy's home and now he's going to sing and dance with me" look:










This reminds me of the new look she makes from her high chair as she watches me get her food ready:










This look makes me think of the faces she makes when she is playing and having fun with her friends :










Her ever popular pensive look:












Her studying face:












In addition to taking pictures of just Bekah, we attempted to take some "mommy and me" pics and I am just so grateful to Sarah for getting some lovely pictures of the two of us. I've been wanting some pictures like this ever since she was born!
Action shots of us walking and talking:












My little answer to prayer . . .

She had to get one with her beloved lobster toy that she can't leave home without:







And I know she's crying in this one, but just like the other moments, this is certainly a moment too that we experience! And the fact that I am laughing probably seems insensitive, but what can we mommies do but laugh sometimes??? : ) She's so cute, even when she cries!









Feeling better . . .








Daddy's new favorite picture:









Much love to my little girl who makes everything better, even birthdays that are already fabulous!

And of course, Aunt Sarah, we love you and thank you soooo much for taking such precious pictures of our Bekah Baby!








































































































10 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

Beautiful pictures!

Sarah said...

you're welcome! let's do it again please :-)

Carla said...

Jenny! She's beautiful! Aunt Sarah is quite talented! I think my favorite is the last one!

Kristen said...

those are gorgeous pictures!!! mommy and bekah are so photogenic and beautiful! :)

Sharon said...

You both are BEAUTIFUL! Love you sweet friend!

Cassie said...

ahhh...love the last one best!! :) but they all turned out really great!! such a beautiful model! :)

Amy Mc said...

Absolutely precious- can we hire Sarah out? We'll bring her to Dallas and keep her really busy!

Mary Pat said...

I love how you explained which look Bekah was giving in each picture! I agree with everyone, beautiful pictures and 2 photogenic girls!!

Roger and Robyn said...

Love the pictures! Sarah did a great job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Enough said...can't wait to see you guys