Because her nursery is finally finished and because it really is one of my favorite places to be, I decided to take this time to tell Bekah all about her special room and why we all love it so!
Dear Bekah,
Hello little one! There is a place that you love so very much and it is your nursery. And because we don't know how long we will be in Houston, I wanted to tell you all about it, so we will always remember the fun times we had in there! When we first moved in, it was a very bright pink, like pepto bismol ( something that mommy thinks tastes great, daddy, not so much, who knows what you will think!) and as much as I love pink, it was a little too pink and not the ballarina pink I had been hoping for. Here is a picture of it:

And after awhile it actually grew on me, but I had to stay the course of the "ballarina pink" room that I always wanted for you and when grandpa, daddy and Aunt Sarah offered to paint it, I jumped at the chance! It came out perfectly and you and I both think that your room is the best and happiest room in the house! We can actually feel you relax as we walk into your pretty pink room. It makes me happy to know that you love it as much as we do.
( Oh and I bet you don't remember, but you requested that you sit on your own for this photo shoot, as opposed to using the bumbo. You told me you didn't need it anymore, and you don't! You are such an excellent sitter!)
Here is your crib that you loved from the very beginning! Not only do you love sleeping in it, but now, you like to play peek a boo with me while you sit in it and I jump out from below. You wouldn't believe the silly things mommies do to hear their babies laugh! I'll do anything! It's amazing to me to see your head pop out of it like that, you are getting so big!

And possibly my favorite thing in your room ( I get the feeling it is your favorite thing too!), your black and white polka dotted chair! I especially love the time that I spend with you after I nurse, where we just sit there and cuddle, laugh and play : ). You also love to be rocked in it before you sleep. I don't know who loves it more, you or your daddy and I!

In the corner, I hung my belly pictures that I love so much( thanks Cassie!), your bible verse ( thanks Amy!) and the picture frame that has a picture of each one of your grandparents:

This is the view from my chair. See the hallway out there? When daddy walks by in the mornings, he can't say anything to me or you because if he does, it always distracts you and you stop eating! You would rather be with your daddy than eat sometimes!
Here is the wall with your two windows, I love the natural light that they give your room, I hardly ever use the ceiling fan light. The slanting ceiling also makes your room unique.
And soon, you will have pretty curtains, after grandma and I sew the edging of these lace panals that came from the ranch! Did you know that this material originally came from the same area in France where touile was created? It's perfect and we thank grandma very much for such a special hand me down!

And here is the table that holds something that you can not do without, music! When we play, I turn on your Wee Sing praise and worship songs, when you go down for a nap, I turn on your Baby Einstein classical and then, when we lay you do for the evening, daddy and you rock together to the Beatles Rockaby Baby. You are a musical girl, no doubt!

Here is your closet, where we spend many an hour each day, deciding what to wear. I love dressing you up and lots of days, you love it too!
Here are the shelves that your grandpa put in and the calendar that I write in whenever you do something special, which of course is every day!
It was important to me that we displayed your baptism mementos, what a special day that was. And on the top shelf is the Degas Ballarina fan that sort of served as the beginning of the idea for your nursery!
This is the bookshelf that daddy painted for you! It used to be brown and in the living room, but found an even better home in your nursery. There have been times when you have been crying and if I walk you up to your shelf and point out your weiner dog collection or a picture of daddy or a pretty doll, you will stop crying and feel better. You love all your keepsakes. Even more so, you love all your books! I use books now to keep you happy in places like church, MOPS meetings and car rides. We just know you are going to love books like your mommy and daddy, especially since you try to eat them everytime we read to you : ).

Here are your baptism crosses and your animal friends that Charlie thinks are here just for him to drag off and play with on his own! I am trying to help him realize that you two can be friends, but you can not share the same friends! Gosh, you love that guy Bekah! I have to be careful though, because just the other day, you grabbed his ear, you wanted to play with him! I will help you two learn how to play together : ).
Now, last month we still had a few last details to tie up in your nursery, so grandma Lenore came up to help us. First stop, Joanne Fabrics! It was your first, of many trips, so I had to get a picture. There you are, with your hand in your mouth, as always:
Because you love your other baby friends so much, I though I should make you a tagboard for us to put up all of their pictures! So I got a small piece of plywood, black ribbon, buttons to cover, pink satin and a staple gun and now you can look at your friends all the time! : ) (Mommy also realized how cool the staple gun is and after making your board, started wondering, "what else can I staple????") Of course, guns are not very good, but you will soon learn that the glue gun and the staple gun are very necessary and wonderful exceptions!

Close up:
( We left a few open spaces for some of your friends that you don't have pics with yet, like Evey and Trig : ) )

Dont' worry, your cousin friends are on "the family wall" in the hallway:

And since I can't get enough of touile, we dediced to cover your lamp with ribbon and bows, special sticky stuff and extra touile material and

and we have ourselves a pretty little lamp, that now, you like so much, you try to pull down whenever I change your diaper. . . hmm . . we might need to relocate that thing : ).

So there is your room baby girl!! I know it is just a room, but it is YOUR room, and that is why it is so special to me. Sometimes, when you are sleeping, I take a book and read in your chair, just to be in there with you. I love how daddy has a laptop computer because instead of sitting at the boring desk, I take it up to your room and we work/blog : ) and play together : ) .
I love you Bekah and I love each and every moment that we create in that very special room of yours!
Love,
Mommy
4 comments:
LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! And ....LOVE it! So beautiful. Just as you dreamed!
I love how you wrote it to Bekah! The room is absolutely beautiful!! Just imagine how much fun Bekah will have looking at all of the special details of her nursery when she's older!
it is so gorgeous and so you. baby bekah is going to fabulous in her nursery! good job jenny! you look beautiful.
Great job, Jenny. It is so beautiful and fun too.
Post a Comment